37in Tire Experience

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

asteele711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Start off by saying i've got the 35in Raptor.

Really liked the look of the 37s and read on here that the OEM BFG 37s would work fine, so purchased a set and got them mounted/balanced. Soon as I left the shop and got on the highway the I felt and saw a ton of vibration in the steering wheel, immediately called my shop and they said to bring it back by for them to take a look at it. Sure enough the front 2 tires were out of round and bad from BFG.

They ordered me 4 new tires just to be safe and be able to pick the best 4 out of the 8 total ordered. Week later they show up and get them mounted and balanced again, the tires looked much better on the road force machine as well. Truck drove noticeably smoother, but just felt floaty if that makes any sense, just not planted i guess. Played around with air pressures and still didn't like the way they felt.

Called my shop again and they had a new set of 37x12.5x17 Nitto Ridge Grapplers on hand and decided to give those a try, good lord i don't know how some of you guys run those 10 ply tires on these trucks. The truck felt so sluggish and rubbed like crazy (have 17x8.5 Innov8 G600 wheels with +6 offset). MPGs were also killed, went from averaging 16 to 13.

So after all this, went back to stock size. Went with the Goodyear Duratrac, happy with the outcome even though I went through 2.5 sets of tires

3FBDE8CA-2277-420A-8F8B-8D2EED17CC5C.jpeg

Kojack19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
+6 and Nittos is going to be a challenge as that is a true 37. Not sure which BFG you were on but my load C are great, no balancing issues, wobbles etc. I did do RPG collars up front and dont notice any difference in how the truck handles or accelerates. Those Nittos I think are at least 10 lbs more which is a huge amount at the wheel/tire level. Delf would hurt performance and MPG.

I love the Goodyears. They are great tires and might be my next one once the BFGs go. Think They are pretty light in 37s too.

Glad you ended up back in a good place for you-great tires and great truck.

OP
OP
asteele711

asteele711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
+6 and Nittos is going to be a challenge as that is a true 37. Not sure which BFG you were on but my load C are great, no balancing issues, wobbles etc. I did do RPG collars up front and dont notice any difference in how the truck handles or accelerates. Those Nittos I think are at least 10 lbs more which is a huge amount at the wheel/tire level. Delf would hurt performance and MPG.

I love the Goodyears. They are great tires and might be my next one once the BFGs go. Think They are pretty light in 37s too.

Glad you ended up back in a good place for you-great tires and great truck.
And I knew that the nittos would be a tough sell because of the heavier tire, but didn’t think it was going to be as noticeable as it was.

I was running the C rated 37 BFG. If my shop wasn’t as cool to deal with as they were, I would have gone back to the BFGs if they didn’t let me get the DuraTracs.

Here it was on the 37 BFGs

Attachments

• E81F09C5-2AA1-4A19-9A05-1DCC0727C263.jpeg
    E81F09C5-2AA1-4A19-9A05-1DCC0727C263.jpeg
    347.8 KB · Views: 307

Kojack19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And I knew that the nittos would be a tough sell because of the heavier tire, but didn’t think it was going to be as noticeable as it was.

I was running the C rated 37 BFG. If my shop wasn’t as cool to deal with as they were, I would have gone back to the BFGs if they didn’t let me get the DuraTracs.

Truck looks awesome. Is that Leadfoot with a wrap? What wrap is it? Would love to do something like that but not practical for where I live. Where you are in Arkansas? My wife’s family is in Texarkana.

OP
OP
asteele711

asteele711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Truck looks awesome. Is that Leadfoot with a wrap? What wrap is it? Would love to do something like that but not practical for where I live. Where you are in Arkansas? My wife’s family is in Texarkana.
Thanks! Yep, leadfoot with xpel stealth!

I’m in the Bentonville!

Metronome

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I loved my Duratracs...Don't think Good Year offers them in a 37 however.

Crool88

Reaction score
Start off by saying i've got the 35in Raptor.

Really liked the look of the 37s and read on here that the OEM BFG 37s would work fine, so purchased a set and got them mounted/balanced. Soon as I left the shop and got on the highway the I felt and saw a ton of vibration in the steering wheel, immediately called my shop and they said to bring it back by for them to take a look at it. Sure enough the front 2 tires were out of round and bad from BFG.

They ordered me 4 new tires just to be safe and be able to pick the best 4 out of the 8 total ordered. Week later they show up and get them mounted and balanced again, the tires looked much better on the road force machine as well. Truck drove noticeably smoother, but just felt floaty if that makes any sense, just not planted i guess. Played around with air pressures and still didn't like the way they felt.

Called my shop again and they had a new set of 37x12.5x17 Nitto Ridge Grapplers on hand and decided to give those a try, good lord i don't know how some of you guys run those 10 ply tires on these trucks. The truck felt so sluggish and rubbed like crazy (have 17x8.5 Innov8 G600 wheels with +6 offset). MPGs were also killed, went from averaging 16 to 13.

So after all this, went back to stock size. Went with the Goodyear Duratrac, happy with the outcome even though I went through 2.5 sets of tires

View attachment 329944
That PPF looks soooo good!