37 vs 35 Tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1stgenstage2

Reaction score
Having just gone from the stock 34.5s to KM3 37 13.5s I can agree with Sky, the biggest downfall I have experienced is the amount of stopping power they require. Normal spirited driving around town takes more brake pedal and a few more feet. All an adjustment that will become normal in time. But getting out and smelling hot brakes just from a fast moving trip around town is surprising.
My Gen 1 is supercharged, so I didn’t notice much in the way of acceleration loss. Which surprised me because I’ve added larger tires to many trucks and my last had 37s on it also. Recently added full rear suspension so had the KM3s off and on and am completely happy with my combo. Night and day difference just handling the tire for removal/install.

My previous truck had Fuel wheels also, but mounted to 37 13.5 20 Toyo MTs. Much much heavier than my current BF setup. I think if you are on the fence Of 37s, BFs are the right stepping stone. A little undersized and lighter, it’s a good compromise vs 35s.

Aside from the brakes, the only other downfall is the work/money it takes to properly run them. Hammering pinch welds is free, but it’s more than a 5 minute job. Buying glass and having it professionally installed was the expensive part, around 2k all in.
I know some people will say glass isn’t necessary. But I’m not sure how these guys aren’t rubbing to high hell. I still have tire contact when I’m really getting after it.

Long story longer... 37” tires on a raptor adds an alpha factor you don’t get on 35s hah.

OP
OP
R

ROAD5

Reaction score
Every single comment except for Teghogh so far is ordinary incompetence. You don't need to look very hard to know that...unless your mall crawling...37s will rub. The worst part is that you will be stressing your suspension in ways that it wasn't designed for...parts will wear or break much sooner. 37s done right will cost 10-15k. Proceed at your own risk. What ever you decide...please please please ignore the idiots on this forum that run straight for Geiser/Deaver setups and tell you that 37s are no problem. You know their idiots because they don't even ask you how you use your truck. Do yourself a huge favor and talk directly to a suspension expert...someone familiar with Raptors...not someone trying to sell you parts. Tell them your use case and discuss options. The guys at RPG are pretty good but I would get a couple of opinions from experts. Suspension is the most personal and expensive thing you'll do...if done wrong you will have wasted your money and perhaps shortened the lifespan of your truck...you'll certainly void your warranty and will be generally unhappy. There are a few guys on here that know their stuff but the problem for you is knowing exactly who that is. For the most part people on here are just ignorant and do not hesitate sharing their ignorance when it comes to suspension mods. I am not an expert and my suspension mods were carefully worked out with the help of paid professionals and the end result is perfect for my use case.
Thanks for the feedback. The question is specifically for the Gen 3 with 37's from the factory. In this case, no aftermarket mods required and it will be warrantied, though I wonder what this package will do to aftermarket extended warranties. With my 2014, my engine blew up (Limited with 3.5) just out of warranty, so right now I am planning on getting an extended warranty this time. From the feedback on this forum, sounds like the upside still outweighs the downside!

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback. The question is specifically for the Gen 3 with 37's from the factory. In this case, no aftermarket mods required and it will be warrantied, though I wonder what this package will do to aftermarket extended warranties. With my 2014, my engine blew up (Limited with 3.5) just out of warranty, so right now I am planning on getting an extended warranty this time. From the feedback on this forum, sounds like the upside still outweighs the downside!
Why would you not just get a Ford extended warranty?

1stgenstage2

Reaction score
Oh my bad. The 37 package all the way.

King Paul II

Reaction score
I want the truck level. Current have 1.5" collars up front and very close to level now with 35's. Guessing springs up front would lift closer to 2 3/4".
Ya it won’t sit completely level without doing something to the back

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Every single comment except for Teghogh so far is ordinary incompetence. You don't need to look very hard to know that...unless your mall crawling...37s will rub. The worst part is that you will be stressing your suspension in ways that it wasn't designed for...parts will wear or break much sooner. 37s done right will cost 10-15k. Proceed at your own risk. What ever you decide...please please please ignore the idiots on this forum that run straight for Geiser/Deaver setups and tell you that 37s are no problem. You know their idiots because they don't even ask you how you use your truck. Do yourself a huge favor and talk directly to a suspension expert...someone familiar with Raptors...not someone trying to sell you parts. Tell them your use case and discuss options. The guys at RPG are pretty good but I would get a couple of opinions from experts. Suspension is the most personal and expensive thing you'll do...if done wrong you will have wasted your money and perhaps shortened the lifespan of your truck...you'll certainly void your warranty and will be generally unhappy. There are a few guys on here that know their stuff but the problem for you is knowing exactly who that is. For the most part people on here are just ignorant and do not hesitate sharing their ignorance when it comes to suspension mods. I am not an expert and my suspension mods were carefully worked out with the help of paid professionals and the end result is perfect for my use case.
Ok, you're mostly right. But do you have to be a **** about it? What does it cost you to be nice?

OP
OP
R

ROAD5

Reaction score
I am revisiting thread as we are closer to the order date and I have some more information.

First, the 37 package will be limited for the first releases, with dealers getting maybe 1 or 2 to start with their first allocations.

I spoke with someone who claimed to have driven both designs. As some others have suggested, he said the 37 package is really only for those driving at mostly low speeds and using for rock crawling. He went on to say that the 37 Raptor does not drive well on the freeway and Ford will recommend to not drive it over 70 MPH for extended times, such as highway driving. Ford will also put a lower speed limiter on it vs the 35's. The 37 was also "much" slower.

This feedback contradicts a lot of the great feedback in this thread. Any other feedback others have heard specific for the Gen 3? Consensus on the previous generations is very positive on the 37s.

I had intended on getting the 37 package, but will be doing a lot more highway driving than rock crawling as it will be my daily driver.

Chainsaw

Ghost of a Raptor Owner
Reaction score
I am revisiting thread as we are closer to the order date and I have some more information.

First, the 37 package will be limited for the first releases, with dealers getting maybe 1 or 2 to start with their first allocations.

I spoke with someone who claimed to have driven both designs. As some others have suggested, he said the 37 package is really only for those driving at mostly low speeds and using for rock crawling. He went on to say that the 37 Raptor does not drive well on the freeway and Ford will recommend to not drive it over 70 MPH for extended times, such as highway driving. Ford will also put a lower speed limiter on it vs the 35's. The 37 was also "much" slower.

This feedback contradicts a lot of the great feedback in this thread. Any other feedback others have heard specific for the Gen 3? Consensus on the previous generations is very positive on the 37s.

I had intended on getting the 37 package, but will be doing a lot more highway driving than rock crawling as it will be my daily driver.

So much for the R coming with 37s.. oof!

slv_

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Interesting.

The weight difference between the 35 and 37 KO2 is minimal. Not to mention the teaser vid of the truck tearing it up at high speeds in the desert and the behind the scenes video of them launching the 37 model.

I know you’re just reporting what you’ve heard but that just seems weird to me.

Last edited:

Frank N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well, everyone new the 37 would be slower assuming no gearing change. Which always mafe me wonder why they didn't play with the tune for a small HP/TQ bump

The rest of that, well we will see, I have my doubts.

If the R doesnt come with 37 option, it will come with a 37 aftermarket option. LOL