37 vs 35 Tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ROAD5

Reaction score
For anyone with 37" tires, what are the disadvantages? The biggest for me which I have heard so far is loss of power at the wheels. Anyway to quantify this? For the MPG loss, it sounds like it is usually around 1 MPG, is this right? What is it like driving on them versus 35's?

Big Blue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For anyone with 37" tires, what are the disadvantages? The biggest for me which I have heard so far is loss of power at the wheels. Anyway to quantify this? For the MPG loss, it sounds like it is usually around 1 MPG, is this right? What is it like driving on them versus 35's?

Rotating mass is more detrimental to performance than size. My 37" Coopers are 1 lb lighter per tire than my 35" Toyos were, so zero power loss for me. Once you go 37s, you'll never go back, no disadvantages IMO.

Gdog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that being said you are looking at new springs up front and new leafs in back correct?

MrTorque

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rotating mass is more detrimental to performance than size. My 37" Coopers are 1 lb lighter per tire than my 35" Toyos were, so zero power loss for me. Once you go 37s, you'll never go back, no disadvantages IMO.
Big blue hit the nail on the head it’s the rotating mass that kills performance Toyo and nittos are very heavy which most people use so they feel them a lot when they go to 37’s as for the Ko2’s the weight difference is like 4.7lbs per tire I believe between the two sizes which is not to bad compared to other brands that are 10-20lbs a tire when up sizing to 37’s

Big Blue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
that being said you are looking at new springs up front and new leafs in back correct?

Correct. Eibach springs up front and Deaver+3s in the rear work perfectly and will allow for 37's with only minor inner fender plastic trimming.

37s with that set-up and air...

Attachments

• IMG_0007.JPG
    IMG_0007.JPG
    84.7 KB · Views: 138
  • rear send!.jpg
    rear send!.jpg
    216.7 KB · Views: 129
  • dunes2.jpg
    dunes2.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 132

Gdog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
any guess regarding cost for both of those including labor? Which I'm sure varies

RRick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cheap and dirty with new tires could be had for under $5k, super nice set up closer to $15k. My trade for a new Raptor will be about $20k with all new factory stuff and no miles under warranty.

Frank N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have eibachs in my garage and +3 from Deaver on order, I put new 35,s on last year I’m wondering how long I’m going to wait until I go to 37....trying to hold off will be difficult.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Don’t lose as much performance running 37”s when using Ford spec BFGs that weigh within a few lbs of the 35”s, guys that forced the issue on gen2s have been adding SIGNIFICANTLY heavier tires & majority will be 10-12 ply, LT rated heavy duty type truck tires w/ stiff ass sidewalls & LOUD tread

the 37”s that will come from Ford on the gen3s won’t have that issue

they will still be a larger diameter rotating mass, effects somewhat, but nothing like adding 15-20 lbs a corner lol!!