37 vs 35 Gen 3.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bpistone726

Reaction score
I have a loaded 35 Gen 3 that has been in production since March 14th. Originally ordered the 37 package but my dealer made me change my order months ago “in order to get my truck on time”… I ordered this truck out of state to avoid the California BS so I would have to fly and drive it back if it ever shows up.

Just came across a 37 package at a local dealer in CA, with the same options as my other truck. They offered it to me at 5k over MSRP. It went into production 5/23 and is still in production. Only downfall is this truck went into production later so the tailgate appliqué is removed.

The price difference for the two trucks will only turn out to be about 10k different. Looking for some opinions from people who already took delivery of a Gen 3 to determine if the 10k difference is worth it.

Bullet Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It all depends on how bad you want a 37. Are you going to get hurt financially? Probably not. Living in California, gas mileage is important. The 37 will be a little less fuel efficient.
One thing is for certain. At that price, you'll be lucky if it's still there.

sammy134

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a loaded 35 Gen 3 that has been in production since March 14th. Originally ordered the 37 package but my dealer made me change my order months ago “in order to get my truck on time”… I ordered this truck out of state to avoid the California BS so I would have to fly and drive it back if it ever shows up.

Just came across a 37 package at a local dealer in CA, with the same options as my other truck. They offered it to me at 5k over MSRP. It went into production 5/23 and is still in production. Only downfall is this truck went into production later so the tailgate appliqué is removed.

The price difference for the two trucks will only turn out to be about 10k different. Looking for some opinions from people who already took delivery of a Gen 3 to determine if the 10k difference is worth it.

If you had a bare bones 35, then the price difference is 10k.

If your 35 was loaded, price difference should only be ~5k. unless you are counting the ADM as the other 5k.

Get the window sticker to both. Doesn't add up.

Non-Sense

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would go ahead and take the 37. It will cost you 10k in gas to drive the other one home if it ever comes in. Although you might want to see if you can add the appliqué tailgate later on if that’s a dealbreaker.

Last edited:

QCRappy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Keep the 35, the march build will be out soon and the 37 package you probably wont get til fall. Put 37's on my 35 truck when I signed paperwork and the dealer performed all the work. a 37 package in CA is typically going for 15-30k over. Buy both if you want to see the difference then sell the other

Jakenbake

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I would go ahead and take the 37. It will cost you 10k in gas to drive the other one home if it ever comes in. Although you might want to see if you can add the appliqué tailgate later on if that’s a dealbreaker.
10k in gas lol. Even at $7.00 that’s like 1430 gallons.

TX-RAP70R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can't add the appliqué because they have a different tailgate for the appliqué and without the appliqué.