37 VS. 35 GEN. 3 RAPTOR

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ironpeddler

Reaction score
I've got a '22 35 ordered. Here's the reasoning; the cost of the 37 package is $5k-ish. I'd rather choose the rims (method) and tires (nittos). You can't tell me that the 37s Ford picked are the best looking for the truck, tires are ok and rims are good, but neither is great looking. I'll take my $5k savings and buy from the entire universe of 37s made for a raptor and still have the 35s.

Not that the stock 37 wheel looks bad by any means, but I will agree with you that you could probably pick a better looking wheel with all of the options out there, but I thought the tires for the 37 Raptor were designed and special for that truck alone and like 10+ lbs. lighter per tire. Kind of a big deal if that is true.

Even if I am wrong about the tire info, everything that combatninja said is true. Ford designed the 37 Raptor to function and fit with 37's. Also, if it ever came down to it, you can void parts of your warranty, or maybe even your whole warranty, if you put 37's on a 35 truck. To give up all that and gamble on your warranty for a $5k savings doesn't make much sense. IMHO the only reason to get a 35 over a 37 is you can't wait almost 12 months for a truck and need get something quicker.

AxelR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I live in MA & if I were upgrading my 2020
To a Gen3 it’d be w/ the 37” package fwiw
I lived for 5 years in MA and another 3 in NY.
No idea what anyone would do with 37s. The Raptor is awesome and I love it but for up there I’d go a different route (actually did - Land Rover - but didn’t need a pickup truck… still don’t but why not).
Let me take that back!! With all the Ma££hole drivers maybe 37 is the way to go :p

RaptorFan1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I definitely would have sprung for the 37s if I knew for sure I wouldn't get hit with some bogus ADM or shenanigans. With that being said there are very little drawbacks to getting the 35s and I think they probably "feel better" from a day to day aspect. There's something inherently awesome about 37s that just make them worth it.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I lived for 5 years in MA and another 3 in NY.
No idea what anyone would do with 37s. The Raptor is awesome and I love it but for up there I’d go a different route (actually did - Land Rover - but didn’t need a pickup truck… still don’t but why not).
Let me take that back!! With all the Ma££hole drivers maybe 37 is the way to go :p
Exactly- you think Baja is tough on a suspension? Try downtown Boston/NYC potholes - I already drive right over curbs & medians as needed, 37”s will make it even easier. A lot of the off-roading I do when I get a chance is northern NH/ME logging type rods, a lot of chop, the 37”s just absorb that much better- you don’t need more travel in the northeast, you need more sidewall & ground clearance.

& actually you DO need a pickup truck, in fact you still do, save $$$$ when you need to tow that Land Rover back home after it leaves ya stranded someplace ;-)

AxelR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Exactly- you think Baja is tough on a suspension? Try downtown Boston/NYC potholes - I already drive right over curbs & medians as needed, 37”s will make it even easier. A lot of the off-roading I do when I get a chance is northern NH/ME logging type rods, a lot of chop, the 37”s just absorb that much better- you don’t need more travel in the northeast, you need more sidewall & ground clearance.

& actually you DO need a pickup truck, in fact you still do, save $$$$ when you need to tow that Land Rover back home after it leaves ya stranded someplace ;-)
I got one but went small coz I now live in California ;) (I actually lived in Boston/Cambridge and NYC).

7D67F123-A9B0-4C3E-AB4B-4B91EFA51764.jpeg

And I agree the roads are horrendous in Boston and suburbs. NYC was okay after that.

WC114

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the 37 package. Its my 3rd Raptor. I put 1300 miles on it, so far I’m impressed with the ride. Def smother than my gen2

Kojack19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have posted in other threads about this-Both are great options. those saying they did a lot to accommodate 37s for the 37 vs 35 are wrong. There are very minor changes to the shocks-one is not better than other in my opinion there are tradeoffs. Preload and a 1/8th difference in shaft diameter (35 gives you an extra inch of travel-better IMO) and a small tweak to the frame only there to accommodate the spare. BFG 37 fits on 35-I know because I did it.

No motor changes, gearing changes, exhaust changes etc.

I would rather take the extra money and do what I want to the truck vs taking the extra 5k for a stock 37. Better wheels/offset, new bumpers, performance items as the aftermarket producers like SVC and RPG ramp up. But to each his own.

My dealer stands behind the warranty-I asked sorry if yours aren't. BTW, they can only claim a suspension issue with the warranty-btw shocks aren't a forever product anyway and need to be replaced. Fox will have upgraded products for sure down the road.

All of this is IF 37s are really even better-there is a lot of truth that 35s offer some real benefits from a performance perspective too. Having driven a Gen 1 on Gen 2 on 35s since 2013 every day and offroad and always been curious about 37s and decided to give them a try because I was told they would work on a 35 without cutting, hammering pinch welds etc and it did. Right now I like them and don't see going back but time will tell if they stay.

Either way you go, they are awesome trucks. Enjoy the ride.

Kojack19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got one but went small coz I now live in California ;) (I actually lived in Boston/Cambridge and NYC).

View attachment 334229

And I agree the roads are horrendous in Boston and suburbs. NYC was okay after that.
so true about the streets around the major metros in the NE. The new rear suspension is SOOOO much better at dealing with potholes, chunder, washboards etc on and off-road. Gen 1 and Gen 2 going straight on and hitting anything of substance that threw the rear end off kilter was a bit unsettling. The Gen 3 is planted in the rear for sure-major improvement.

Last edited:

WKUSMC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am in the process of upgrading my Gen. 2 2019 raptor to a Gen. 3 raptor. Right now my dealer has 2 Gen. 3 35 package raptors in transit at $ 79,000.00 MSRP with no markup. He can also get me a Gen. 3 37 package that would be " pulled" in January and be either scheduled to be built in January or February . The " 37" package would also come with no markup, final price would be MSRP.

I live in the northeast, so the truck most likely will never see any high speed desert racing, just snow and gravel roads when I am hunting. I did drive a 35 package that they had on the lot yesterday, and I noticed the driving differences as far as the ride and handling immediately. The throttle response and the acceleration seemed to be more noticeable in the Gen. 3 as well. Even though it is the same engine and same transmission it just seemed faster in the Gen. 3.

I was just wondering if anybody has driven both and what the differences are in driving dynamics and if the " 37 " package is worth the extra $ 3- $ 5000.00 dollars and if the 37 package is worth waiting until April, may, or June to get.

Thank You.
Buy both and sell when the other one comes in, not rocket science. Everyone had different taste. You will lose tax and license and a few bucks. I was luck getting mine tax free.

AutoXRacer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also consider the 37 will feel much slower than a 35... those taller tires will kill your acceleration.

37s are for those that:
- Want the look with big tires
- Need extra clearance
- Expect 37s to have a higher resell value

Just my opinion...