37 VS. 35 GEN. 3 RAPTOR

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ME120

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am in the process of upgrading my Gen. 2 2019 raptor to a Gen. 3 raptor. Right now my dealer has 2 Gen. 3 35 package raptors in transit at $ 79,000.00 MSRP with no markup. He can also get me a Gen. 3 37 package that would be " pulled" in January and be either scheduled to be built in January or February . The " 37" package would also come with no markup, final price would be MSRP.

I live in the northeast, so the truck most likely will never see any high speed desert racing, just snow and gravel roads when I am hunting. I did drive a 35 package that they had on the lot yesterday, and I noticed the driving differences as far as the ride and handling immediately. The throttle response and the acceleration seemed to be more noticeable in the Gen. 3 as well. Even though it is the same engine and same transmission it just seemed faster in the Gen. 3.

I was just wondering if anybody has driven both and what the differences are in driving dynamics and if the " 37 " package is worth the extra $ 3- $ 5000.00 dollars and if the 37 package is worth waiting until April, may, or June to get.

Thank You.

RotorHead695

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Comes down to personal preference. I already know I'll be getting the 37 package when it's time to upgrade and I'll patiently drive my Gen 2 until the order arrives.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I live in MA & if I were upgrading my 2020
To a Gen3 it’d be w/ the 37” package fwiw

cadurham88

Reaction score
I've got a '22 35 ordered. Here's the reasoning; the cost of the 37 package is $5k-ish. I'd rather choose the rims (method) and tires (nittos). You can't tell me that the 37s Ford picked are the best looking for the truck, tires are ok and rims are good, but neither is great looking. I'll take my $5k savings and buy from the entire universe of 37s made for a raptor and still have the 35s.

OP
OP
M

ME120

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I live in MA & if I were upgrading my 2020
To a Gen3 it’d be w/ the 37” package fwiw

Thank you. I agree with you. I'm just trying to decide if waiting until may or June , When the 37 package arrives if I officially order it next month, is worth losing around $ 5000 to $ 10,000.00 in value for my 2019 which is worth around $ 63,000.00 right now based on KBB trade in value.

combatninja

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got a '22 35 ordered. Here's the reasoning; the cost of the 37 package is $5k-ish. I'd rather choose the rims (method) and tires (nittos). You can't tell me that the 37s Ford picked are the best looking for the truck, tires are ok and rims are good, but neither is great looking. I'll take my $5k savings and buy from the entire universe of 37s made for a raptor and still have the 35s.
You're tracking that the 37 Pack is more than just a cosmetic thing, right? Ford didn't just take the base Raptor, lift it an inch and call it good. Nor can the end user. You throw some 37s with an aggressive offset on your 35 and fit it with some bullshite perch collar spacers or some such to 'lift' it and you'll end up with a compromised end product that will very likely have issues when used as intended. The single biggest issue that would keep me from trying it would be the fact that they made many changes to the shocks and springs to limit travel a bit on the 37 trucks. Try some dune bashing or any off-roading in which you are going to full articulation on a 35 truck with 37s on it is going to begin to eat itself. If you're just parking at the mall, you'll be fine. I make this statement knowing full well that 90% of Raptors never leave the pavement.

To the OP, I would personally move on the 35 truck in a shorter timeframe. It is pretty well obvious that trade values really have nowhere to go but down. If that $5-10K in potential lost value is a concern to you, move now.

OP
OP
M

ME120

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You're tracking that the 37 Pack is more than just a cosmetic thing, right? Ford didn't just take the base Raptor, lift it an inch and call it good. Nor can the end user. You throw some 37s with an aggressive offset on your 35 and fit it with some bullshite perch collar spacers or some such to 'lift' it and you'll end up with a compromised end product that will very likely have issues when used as intended. The single biggest issue that would keep me from trying it would be the fact that they made many changes to the shocks and springs to limit travel a bit on the 37 trucks. Try some dune bashing or any off-roading in which you are going to full articulation on a 35 truck with 37s on it is going to begin to eat itself. If you're just parking at the mall, you'll be fine. I make this statement knowing full well that 90% of Raptors never leave the pavement.

To the OP, I would personally move on the 35 truck in a shorter timeframe. It is pretty well obvious that trade values really have nowhere to go but down. If that $5-10K in potential lost value is a concern to you, move now.
Everything you said is 100 percent correct. Ford did a lot to accommodate the 37 inch tires.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I wouldn’t be so convinced values will drop very quickly, inventory is still tight. I’m selling material directly to Ford. Their orders come in spurts, nowhere close to normal yet