37 VS. 35 GEN. 3 RAPTOR

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kojack19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I feel the 2022 Raptor $5,250 37 Performance Package option is worth the coin. The 37” tires really help fill out the wheel wells and help make the stance look PERFECT. After viewing a 37” Raptor it makes a 35” Raptor look odd.

The optional 17” black bead-lock wheel option alone will run you $1895. That’s a $3,355 price difference. Then add the unique 37” graphics package that costs $1,075 (and looks way worse) on a 35” model and your down to $2,280 price difference. Choosing the 37” package will also get you a unique to 37” frame, unique sport tuned Fox shocks and black tint carbon fiber accents. Add the 37” limited production exclusivity and resale value and I think the 37” package is a winner.

I have been phoning and e-mailing tons of Ford dealers in the Western section of the country in the hopes of finding one that will accept a 2023 37” Raptor order at MSRP. The hunt continues…

View attachment 341554
Just a few thoughts from my experience.

Cool thing is you can customize the truck the way you want and do what you want to do a raptor.-especially as SVC and RPG figure out how to improve the Gen 3. You have mentioned a lot of things around the differences between the two models. Some of which are true and some which come with trade offs (travel, frame differences) without mentioning them or are purely cosmetic.

Not sure about how you value limited production, exclusivity and stickers. Fact is 35 vs 37 ain't gonna make a difference if the R comes out and then everything else will be a a V6 vs an R or a Mustang GT vs a Shelby 500.

You want a turnkey solution and run 37s go for it-best production out of the dealership straight to offroad- truck you can get IF you want 37s. You want the best truck for x dollars, for lots of people that could be actually taking the 99% percent of what is the same and take the 5K and make the truck better for their needs and wants. Neither approach is wrong.

BTW, I am running 37s on a 35 package with an inch more travel than a stock 37 and been loving it everyday since early November while lots of people are waiting another 6-12 months for their truck. For those of you shopping dealer trucks, takeoffs will fetch 2-2.75k for 5 wheels and tires with low miles based on my experience.

Having driven my Gen 1 and Gen 2 exclusively on 35s, I agree 37s look better and perform better in certain offroad situations but there are performance tradeoffs-slower, worse gas mileage, more yaw, etc. That is also with running the BFG 37s too vs a true 37 like Toyos. Heavier tires will make those pros and cons more pronounced.

a few thoughts from one person. Nothing more.

enjoy the ride.

Last edited:

nate_13

Reaction score
I also purchased a 35 and slapped some 37’s on it, i have a ranch in west tx that has some nasty roads and i was pleasantly surprised at how easily and smoothly the truck plowed through trails with ease, even at high speeds.

TonyR0206

Reaction score
You're tracking that the 37 Pack is more than just a cosmetic thing, right? Ford didn't just take the base Raptor, lift it an inch and call it good. Nor can the end user. You throw some 37s with an aggressive offset on your 35 and fit it with some bullshite perch collar spacers or some such to 'lift' it and you'll end up with a compromised end product that will very likely have issues when used as intended. The single biggest issue that would keep me from trying it would be the fact that they made many changes to the shocks and springs to limit travel a bit on the 37 trucks. Try some dune bashing or any off-roading in which you are going to full articulation on a 35 truck with 37s on it is going to begin to eat itself. If you're just parking at the mall, you'll be fine. I make this statement knowing full well that 90% of Raptors never leave the pavement.

To the OP, I would personally move on the 35 truck in a shorter timeframe. It is pretty well obvious that trade values really have nowhere to go but down. If that $5-10K in potential lost value is a concern to you, move now.
The frame on the 37" is exclusive too....

TonyR0206

Reaction score
I am in the process of upgrading my Gen. 2 2019 raptor to a Gen. 3 raptor. Right now my dealer has 2 Gen. 3 35 package raptors in transit at $ 79,000.00 MSRP with no markup. He can also get me a Gen. 3 37 package that would be " pulled" in January and be either scheduled to be built in January or February . The " 37" package would also come with no markup, final price would be MSRP.

I live in the northeast, so the truck most likely will never see any high speed desert racing, just snow and gravel roads when I am hunting. I did drive a 35 package that they had on the lot yesterday, and I noticed the driving differences as far as the ride and handling immediately. The throttle response and the acceleration seemed to be more noticeable in the Gen. 3 as well. Even though it is the same engine and same transmission it just seemed faster in the Gen. 3.

I was just wondering if anybody has driven both and what the differences are in driving dynamics and if the " 37 " package is worth the extra $ 3- $ 5000.00 dollars and if the 37 package is worth waiting until April, may, or June to get.

Thank You.
I just ordered a 35. I live in upstate NY. We get a TON of snow here, but I can't fathom that I would benefit much by having the 37 in lieu of the 35, for 99% of the weather I'd encounter. Mind you, I've driven neither, as there are none to be had or seen, where I live. But based on everything I've read and seen, I just didn't see a reason to spend the extra money on the 37's.

RaptorFan1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The more time I've spent with the truck the less I see the 37 package as a "performance" package due to the slower acceleration. Hard to shake that when the only comparisons you get on this truck is when it gets its doors blown off by a TRX and people calling it "slow". I think the 37s fit the truck better, without a doubt, but it does appear to have a lot of trade-offs as opposed to just a straight upgrade. I just wish people realized how much work it takes to turn a tire that large.

DFS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The more time I've spent with the truck the less I see the 37 package as a "performance" package due to the slower acceleration. Hard to shake that when the only comparisons you get on this truck is when it gets its doors blown off by a TRX and people calling it "slow". I think the 37s fit the truck better, without a doubt, but it does appear to have a lot of trade-offs as opposed to just a straight upgrade. I just wish people realized how much work it takes to turn a tire that large.
I don't think the term "performance" in the raptor is targeting the drag racing acceleration/braking, off-road high speed driving "performance" should be better than the 35 package. But I understand your perspective as well, I just don't even think about the TRX when considering real off-roading.

Jakenbake

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I don't think the term "performance" in the raptor is targeting the drag racing acceleration/braking, off-road high speed driving "performance" should be better than the 35 package. But I understand your perspective as well, I just don't even think about the TRX when considering real off-roading.
I agree on the “performance”. I think many but the raptor for various reasons. Some buy it because it is a performance truck, but it isn’t a ford lightning (street performance). Sure it is quick for a truck, but it isn’t gt500.

If you value what the spirit of the raptor is then 37’s make a lot of sense, though I would have bought a 35 and added 37’s and then figured out what needs clearances.

Only thing I will disagree on is how well the TRX does off road. At all the events I have been too that TRX’s show up, they have done just fine. Sure some of the drivers drive like they are scared to tear up their expensive truck (we’ll pretend it is scared of the power). Overall they keep up and do a decent job.

Keep in mind that I am east coast so it is either tracks where you can run some laps and then wait and then run another or we have trails that are reasonable high speed for what we have and you may cover 100-150 miles on a day. I can’t speak to how well the TRX would do in the desert when you are running at a higher speed for longer, referring to fuel usage here. Can always carry 5-10 gallons though. Hey my gen 1 isn’t the greatest on fuel either, but it does ok.

Anyways @RaptorFan1988 get that thing in the dirt a little bit. It sure is fun.

DFS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree on the “performance”. I think many but the raptor for various reasons. Some buy it because it is a performance truck, but it isn’t a ford lightning (street performance). Sure it is quick for a truck, but it isn’t gt500.

If you value what the spirit of the raptor is then 37’s make a lot of sense, though I would have bought a 35 and added 37’s and then figured out what needs clearances.

Only thing I will disagree on is how well the TRX does off road. At all the events I have been too that TRX’s show up, they have done just fine. Sure some of the drivers drive like they are scared to tear up their expensive truck (we’ll pretend it is scared of the power). Overall they keep up and do a decent job.

Keep in mind that I am east coast so it is either tracks where you can run some laps and then wait and then run another or we have trails that are reasonable high speed for what we have and you may cover 100-150 miles on a day. I can’t speak to how well the TRX would do in the desert when you are running at a higher speed for longer, referring to fuel usage here. Can always carry 5-10 gallons though. Hey my gen 1 isn’t the greatest on fuel either, but it does ok.

Anyways @RaptorFan1988 get that thing in the dirt a little bit. It sure is fun.
All valid points, I can tell you for a fact I'd have to fill the bed of my TRX with auxiliary fuel tanks to be able to do 90% of the off-road/hunting that I do in the Raptor. Which makes the TRX a non-competitor. Looks great, better interior, and fun at the drag strip, but not right for me. Obviously your conditions are probably different.

Jakenbake

FRF Addict
Reaction score
All valid points, I can tell you for a fact I'd have to fill the bed of my TRX with auxiliary fuel tanks to be able to do 90% of the off-road/hunting that I do in the Raptor. Which makes the TRX a non-competitor. Looks great, better interior, and fun at the drag strip, but not right for me. Obviously your conditions are probably different.
I wish I had access to off-roading that you all do out there. Instead it is a lot more like Pro-4 style lol. Still fun just not the same.