37" Tires. Yes or No?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
man I can't even respond to some of this shit.. it makes my head hurt lol.

I want the guy that says that " changing anything is just going to detract from the performance you paid for" to meet me anyplace so I can take him for a ride in my truck.

I would then like to be told how I've ruined my 70K+ :dogpile: truck and how a stock raptor is so much better.

after that, I would like us both to hit the same stretch of whoops or desert, going as fast as we each can.

Then I'd like to take this individual for a ride in a 6100, TT or even a class 1, just for ***** and giggles.

Where is the 301/401/graduate level forum? :Angry:

Kyle@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I want the guy that says that " changing anything is just going to detract from the performance you paid for" to meet me anyplace so I can take him for a ride in my truck.

I would then like to be told how I've ruined my 70K+ :dogpile: truck and how a stock raptor is so much better.

after that, I would like us both to hit the same stretch of whoops or desert, going as fast as we each can.

Then I'd like to take this individual for a ride in a 6100, TT or even a class 1, just for ***** and giggles.

Where is the 301/401/graduate level forum? :Angry:

You gotta at least show him your beast!!! I’ve been following your build, but I know some haven’t. I priced my build out the other day and I was at $30K before paint on the fenders.

Green Goblin

Reaction score
I run 37”s on 17’s. Had to put collars on and trim wells with the Toyo’s. I don’t have any rubbing in normal DTD. I’ve only had it several months so I’ve had no chance yet to get aggressive off-road. Maybe someone with 35’s would beat me in the PARIS-Dakar, but I will still have a hell of a good time with a very capable truck. Like others have said - if you want em get em!

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
You gotta at least show him your beast!!! I’ve been following your build, but I know some haven’t. I priced my build out the other day and I was at $30K before paint on the fenders.

ask and ye shall receive. just got her back together this morning. still have more to do, but not until TMX is through with her. ( 40s, currie, alcons, 60" lightbar on the roof)

for reference, brand new for brand new, I'm liking the spring rate on the icon leafs more than the deavers that I had. ( and the icons are on option 3, which is all of the leaves. )

mzbgir2.jpg
tnSeKrF.jpg

and yes, it might look like ive got a ridiculous amount of room in the fenders, but the truck stuffs that 37 with the wheel in any position and clears the carbon fiber by about 1/4". more trimming is in store when the 40s go on. I have every belief that I'm going to blow one of these fenders clear off the truck, but we have a plan for new glass after the CF dies a warrior's death.

Last edited:

802Avalanche

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So the answer is 1000000000% unequivocally NO! no to 37”s

It’s a performance detractor on road or off, slows ya braking & acceleration & reduces departure angles.

Get a used 3/4 diesel & rock those tires if you wanna LOOK like you off-road.

FFS, can someone please explain to me how a taller tire reduces departure angle? I guess if you’re doing a suspension lowering kit.

OP
OP
MDJAK

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I appreciate all the replies here. I’ve learned a lot. Don’t get the guillotine out just yet, but it wasn’t/isn’t my intention to put 37s on my truck. But having seen it done here by many, I wanted to learn about it.

As I stated, as I’m new to trucks, I have a lot to learn and a hunger for it.

Thanks again.

Gakoman

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It does not "need" adjusting, but it will be off a bit. If your speedo is showing 60 MPH with 37s' your actually going 65. Most tuners allow for tire change parameters.

I'm running 37" K02's, which i know are not true 37's, but using a GPS speedometer, 60mph on the speedometer is 62, 70 is 73, 80 is 84, etc. Basically follows this trend, but does grow exponentially, so it will deviate from there bit

Gakoman

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
One pretty big issue i had with 37's was with towing. I was towing a little more than I should have been, around 9,000 lbs and if i was at a stop and accelerated more than 50% throttle, the axle (thanks to the factory blocks) would twist and the tire would rub on where the fender flare attaches to the fender on one side. Deaver's fixed this, but beware before towing large payloads with factory leafs, i'm sure others have had this issue

Mbdurham

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do it! I just went to 37KO2 with a little lighter wheel so all in all no weight penalty and didn’t notice any difference in performance but it looks soo much better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro