37" Tires. Yes or No?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WooPig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don’t let people **** on ur parade. If you wanna go 37’s then do it. It can be done regardless of what some of these keyboard warriors say. I’m new here and just got my Rap less than a month ago, but I’ll be doing 37’s at some point. I ran into the same crap on Jeep forums. I had 3.5” lift and ran 37’s for 2 years on my 2017 with zero issues after hearing “them” say you can’t do it, you need to spend xx amount of thousands of dollars and do it this way. Truth told, things will be affected stopping distance will be affected, mpg will be, you’ll lose some power, all minimally. Most people here, myself included, probably won’t ever shoot these trucks off a dune or race through the desert at a 100+ mph. So put some springs or collars on the front, trim some plastic if you gotta and throw on 37’s and drive it. Rant over

SVTTrooper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It seems silly to pay 70k+ for a truck who's main advantage is it's suspension then go about changing it. To each his own and I totally get modding your truck but if you want to keep the capability you paid for then I'd stick with the 35s. Anything you do to the suspension will probably risk detracting from the original capability in some way the only exception being serious suspension work done by Shelby and others. For the money I'd say there is more value in a tune/bed cover/audio upgrade, etc. Remember that suspension mods usually come with trade offs

LOL...

WooPig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And the power wagons are nice, I like them. But they aren’t a “legit” off-roader. They’re a 3/4 ton truck with lockers and a winch.

Turbogoat324

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And the power wagons are nice, I like them. But they aren’t a “legit” off-roader. They’re a 3/4 ton truck with lockers and a winch.

Sorry but the power wagon is a “legit” off-roader. Maybe not for quick paced desert driving but for what it was built for it kicks ass. I have seen power wagons do some crazy climbs!

Turbogoat324

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also I agree do whatever you want to do! Unless you’re off-roading really hard you should be fine and if you need more clearance that’s just an excuse to get some bad ass glass fenders!

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Get the 37s and if you are worried about power loss, add an MPT 93 PRX tune. The tune is well worth the money and more than makes up for any loss of power going to 37s.

Krillin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Get the 37s and if you are worried about power loss, add an MPT 93 PRX tune. The tune is well worth the money and more than makes up for any loss of power going to 37s.

Go with what you like I personally a going with 18s 37". no F give to ppl that don't like it.. BC they are irrelevant in my life.. plus glass fenders

Blue Ballin

Reaction score
Love my 37"s. As you can tell in the pic, I did modify the suspension so as to help with the clearance (and the ride quality). The modification helped out big time. Prior to that, my 37"s were rubbing bad. Now, they only rub on tight turns. Aside from that, the truck runs great (upgraded the deavers in the back as well). Smooth as my wife's new Expedition on City streets, and that's with a Pedal Commander in full effect. Enjoy!

Question I have for you is: Why would you go from a 2017 Gen 2 Raptor to an 2018 Platinum and then back to a 2019 Raptor, which is pretty much the same as the 2017 with some changes here and there. Did you not like your 2017 Gen 2? Mine is a 2017, tuned, mods throughout including audio mods), and I love it.