37 Tire Package Problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ljn21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I would go with dealer 45 mins away, save the 1000 off MSRP and have them put a statement in the deal paperwork that you get the deposit back if they back out on their side, you lose the deposit if you back out on your side. 45 mins away is nothing, that’s still local to you unless you plan to walk to pick up the truck when it comes in. I fly from NC to OH and drive back 400 miles to save $12k off MSRP in my Gen 2 last year. Easy drive back.

poofyo101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would go with dealer 45 mins away, save the 1000 off MSRP and have them put a statement in the deal paperwork that you get the deposit back if they back out on their side, you lose the deposit if you back out on your side. 45 mins away is nothing, that’s still local to you unless you plan to walk to pick up the truck when it comes in. I fly from NC to OH and drive back 400 miles to save $12k off MSRP in my Gen 2 last year. Easy drive back.
which dealer was that? 12k off is a screaming deal then.

heybear

Full Access Member
Reaction score
totally unrelated.

was going to get on the same bus here. Then saw the 37s were only available with a blue interior. blue?

i‘m optimistic, but skeptical. So I need to see one first. blue?

I can’t imagine how that product planning meeting went,

marketing idiot: here’s an idea. Let’s take our highest performance sport truck and dress up the interior like a French wh@rehouse.

boss: sounds like the dumbest idea ever. Let’s do it.

Sephiroth

Reaction score
totally unrelated.

was going to get on the same bus here. Then saw the 37s were only available with a blue interior. blue?

i‘m optimistic, but skeptical. So I need to see one first. blue?

I can’t imagine how that product planning meeting went,

marketing idiot: here’s an idea. Let’s take our highest performance sport truck and dress up the interior like a French wh@rehouse.

boss: sounds like the dumbest idea ever. Let’s do it.

They are going for the exotic super car look. It isn’t that bad, but I can see how some people wouldn’t like it.

Big Blue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
All, I need some advice. I have a very good problem. I have two 37" tire trucks available to me. I need to get some input on how I should proceed.

The first truck I have on order is from a dealer about 5 minutes from my house. It has a Build Week, 8/16, and VIN. I'm being told the price is MSRP, but the dealership won't sign paperwork with me to lock that in until they have the invoice in hand. I don't have a deposit down but the truck was ordered with my name.

The second truck is about 45 minutes from me. The order is in, I confirmed with FP, but it doesn't have a VIN or Build Week. The pricing is MSRP - $1000. Yes, below MSRP. It is ordered in my name, but the dealership is asking for a $1000 non refundable deposit for them not to sell it out from under me. They already sent me paperwork showing the discount below MSRP.

So the question is which one do I continue to push for. On one hand I have a build week and VIN, but no paperwork. On the other hand I have an order for under MSRP, with paperwork, but no build week or VIN.
I seen this situation countless times. Go with the dealership that takes the deposit. You have NO executed paperwork or deposit with the local dealership = they will screw you, guaranteed.

OP
OP
laxmike32

laxmike32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ended up with a build week and VIN number for both orders, 8/16 and 9/27, I have to wait an extra month and a half for the one from the dealer further away, but I have signed paperwork for $1000 under msrp and a deposit down.