37 Tire Package Problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

laxmike32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All, I need some advice. I have a very good problem. I have two 37" tire trucks available to me. I need to get some input on how I should proceed.

The first truck I have on order is from a dealer about 5 minutes from my house. It has a Build Week, 8/16, and VIN. I'm being told the price is MSRP, but the dealership won't sign paperwork with me to lock that in until they have the invoice in hand. I don't have a deposit down but the truck was ordered with my name.

The second truck is about 45 minutes from me. The order is in, I confirmed with FP, but it doesn't have a VIN or Build Week. The pricing is MSRP - $1000. Yes, below MSRP. It is ordered in my name, but the dealership is asking for a $1000 non refundable deposit for them not to sell it out from under me. They already sent me paperwork showing the discount below MSRP.

So the question is which one do I continue to push for. On one hand I have a build week and VIN, but no paperwork. On the other hand I have an order for under MSRP, with paperwork, but no build week or VIN.

EMY92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If your nearby dealership won't give you paperwork to sign, I wouldn't trust them. There are threads on here about dealers backing out on deals. If your local dealer will sign an agreement and you put down a deposit great, if not go with the dealer 45 minutes away. If they are taking a deposit, the chances of them ******** you are small.

OP
OP
laxmike32

laxmike32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If your nearby dealership won't give you paperwork to sign, I wouldn't trust them. There are threads on here about dealers backing out on deals. If your local dealer will sign an agreement and you put down a deposit great, if not go with the dealer 45 minutes away. If they are taking a deposit, the chances of them ******** you are small.
That is my fear with the local dealer, they went back and forth on if they were going to charge adm and all I have is a verbal agreement at this point

Sephiroth

Reaction score
All, I need some advice. I have a very good problem. I have two 37" tire trucks available to me. I need to get some input on how I should proceed.

The first truck I have on order is from a dealer about 5 minutes from my house. It has a Build Week, 8/16, and VIN. I'm being told the price is MSRP, but the dealership won't sign paperwork with me to lock that in until they have the invoice in hand. I don't have a deposit down but the truck was ordered with my name.

The second truck is about 45 minutes from me. The order is in, I confirmed with FP, but it doesn't have a VIN or Build Week. The pricing is MSRP - $1000. Yes, below MSRP. It is ordered in my name, but the dealership is asking for a $1000 non refundable deposit for them not to sell it out from under me. They already sent me paperwork showing the discount below MSRP.

So the question is which one do I continue to push for. On one hand I have a build week and VIN, but no paperwork. On the other hand I have an order for under MSRP, with paperwork, but no build week or VIN.
Do you have the option to wait for a build week and VIN before you put down a non refundable deposit? That seems kind of sketchy to be quite honest, brother. Tell them you’ll sign once the VIN is generated. You may ask them to sign a letter of intent with the general terms outlining a build week and VIN# (like they do for commercial real estate transactions).

I’m not doubting you (or them), but it doesn’t seem fair to charge a non refundable deposit for something that may not materialize.

coryatver

Reaction score
I’d go for the local dealer. Wouldn’t think a local dealer would screw over a local guy you could cause them problems. The 1000 under msrp, I get that to good to be true vibe from that one

OP
OP
laxmike32

laxmike32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all of the input, I think you guys have highlighted all of my exact concerns on both sides. I think my plan in the morning is to try and push the local dealer into signing paperwork with me for MSRP and if they still won’t then I will lock things up with the dealer 45 minutes away.