37" spare tire in the stock location?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dnewman9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
37" Spare Under Bed

I have looked through all the threads, (i think) and it looks like E63 has had success with mounting his 37 KM2 under the bed at the cost of no exhaust, and likely no differential cover.

I really want to keep my bed clear for use, and am thinking about canceling my order for 37s tomorrow as I think there is no workaround? Anyone have any other creative solutions for keeping the spare in the stock location with a larger 37?
Thanks
Dennis

RLTW

FRF Addict
Reaction score
No diff cover? I know it's been done, I wonder what kind of weight limit is on that tire lift thing that's under there, I just throw mine in the bed and take it out if I need the room.

Ditchplains1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
dnewman,
Keep your original spare. If you get a flat have the flattened tire repaired/replaced asap. Try to put the spare on the front until the damaged tire is fixed;ie if a rear flat take one of the front tires and replace the flattened tire with the front tire; put the 35" spare up front.
Eddie

OP
OP
D

dnewman9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No diff cover? I know it's been done, I wonder what kind of weight limit is on that tire lift thing that's under there, I just throw mine in the bed and take it out if I need the room.

Sorry, i meant no aftermarket diff cover like Mag-Hytec. I hear you, I just take road trips and hate to have it back there.
Dennis

RLTW

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Mine really hasn't hampered anything I've wanted to do, I've had the spare with spare parts, my 75qt yeti, camping equipment, a spare cooler, a couple of ez ups, all sorts of stuff, and it was fine.

TheButcher

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Is it possible to fit a 37" tire in the stock location on a 2014 Raptor? Looks like the factory sized spare barely fits, but my buddy was told that it's possible. If you got a 37 under your truck please let me know how you did it. Thanks!

Jimbo

Mad Frog Mattis
Reaction score
I've heard you can, but it requires modifications to the frame and/or hitch.

TheButcher

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I assumed the hitch would have to go or be modified. Wasn't sure if it would clear the frame on the sides though. If anyone has done it please let me know. Thanks.

oxfordraptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Here is where you need to cut. Notice the white lines about half way down the spare tire holder. Cut that shit off and 37" will fit.

F95F04D7-DC3F-4E06-A722-5A241EA4EC03_zpszi57a0zo.jpg