37 Raptor - In the shop before 100 miles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

galljr13

Reaction score
After waiting 17 months, dealer was nice enough to drop truck at my house. Ordered a 37 2022 but got a 37 2023 at MSRP. No complaints. Started it for the first time and sounds like it has a significant exhaust leek by front driver wheel well. Quiets down some once at full operating temp but still very present as is exhaust odor.

Anyone else deal with this nonsense? What happened to quality control?

Raptor37noadm

Reaction score
1300 miles

Broken cv axle
Broken horn - that they can’t fix
Two body fenders painted bad from factory and replaced
Seat wrinkled
Rear seat won’t latch up
Radio hum when off and not able to be fixed

I’ve stopped counting at this point.

Quality has fell off from my 2020 which was bulletproof. I’m afraid to turn the wheel all the way in this one.

Will trade for an R next year or a 24

It’s a truck - all good. Easier to feel good about when it was 75k. Hurts a little more at 100k.

ATXraptor75

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
1300 miles

Broken cv axle
Broken horn - that they can’t fix
Two body fenders painted bad from factory and replaced
Seat wrinkled
Rear seat won’t latch up
Radio hum when off and not able to be fixed

I’ve stopped counting at this point.

Quality has fell off from my 2020 which was bulletproof. I’m afraid to turn the wheel all the way in this one.

Will trade for an R next year or a 24

It’s a truck - all good. Easier to feel good about when it was 75k. Hurts a little more at 100k.

Can you provide a pic of the "seat wrinkled" I feel like my new blue interior recaro package had that when I picked it up but can't tell if I'm just being too detail oriented.

MattR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've posted in a few threads but also had something like this. Mine rattles enough to feel in your seat/wheel etc and you can hear from 10+ feet away. When I got under the truck, you can feel/hear where it's coming from (near the transfer case) and then I found an exhaust leak as well.

The dealer thinks it's some "weight" that connects the exhaust to the crossmember.

Zybane

Reaction score
I must be lucky.. my 23 is solid as a rock. Quietest and most comfortable vehicle I've ever owned. Only thing I've found over the whole truck inspection was some clear tape at the bottom of the front coilovers, and a couple of plastic caps left over from assembly in the engine area.

Last edited:

Raptor37noadm

Reaction score
Can you provide a pic of the "seat wrinkled" I feel like my new blue interior recaro package had that when I picked it up but can't tell if I'm just being too detail oriented.
I would - but back in shop trying to figure out why horn won’t stop honking continuously.

It’s not horrible but - I suspect will get worse.