37 PP - What Pressure Are You Running?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
E

epicraptor

Reaction score
If this is from a gen 2 thread, it is not relevant for Gen 3 .. we have a 5-link rear. I have been doing 70-80mph on forest service gravel roads and not experienced rear axle hop but then different roads will have different surfaces especially it there is a lot of rv traffic. I am sure ford did more shock valve tuning from gen 2 to gen 3. I'll agree 40 is high for the rears if I was pre-running in the desert but for when I am driving 80+mph on a paved rural road and then transition to a gravel road, 40psi works just fine for me in MT
Not 100% sure that past experience should be completely dispelled on this topic..? Also not sure suspension matters but if someone could educate me differently I’d love a lesson.

Agree the axel hop is gone but at this point I’m not impressed by the new shocks and their tuning. Was hoping if the tires got dialed in it would all work better but at this point my truck rides harsh and is inconsistent in how it handles things.

What I mean by that is, when I run over things it’s like the shocks are late to open and slow to realize they need to soften for whatever it is I’m hitting. Example: There is a huge speed hump (the big wide flat kind) a block from my house that my Gen2 would gracefully float over like nothing was there. Hit it for the first time in my new truck the other day and the front shocks acted like stuck pogo sticks. The nose basically bounced up in the air and the rear was left bucking like a bronco.

Either way, back on track, I adjusted to 38/35 and things are better and the dirt on the tread is wearing much more evenly than it was at 40 all around. Ride is slightly improved but still not as good as my Gen2.

silverRap22

Reaction score
I agree, something isn't right with some of these 37pp, mine is a 22 with 1600 miles I have 38f/r, and it rides like crap, none of the modes makes difference.

thatJeepguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
On 37’s you want to go low 29-32lbs. BF’s wear a but funky if you run all street at that psi but thats just the way it is.

Turning Blue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m running 36 front 34 rear on my 37pp and it rides great. Spins tires under sported driving tho.
I got my 37pp a week ago and the tires were all at 40+. I set the front at 36, and rears at 34 and it made a big difference. They still look to be riding more on the center of the tread.

I've run every one of my Raptors lower than the pressure listed on the sticker. If I'm going on a long road trip I boost it up to the recommended level in front, and two lbs. lower in the rear. I always run the front 2-4 lbs. higher than the rear and have had good results.