37" Nitto Ridge Grapplers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lixalottapus

Reaction score
I know the 37" tire question has been asked many times but from what I can tell certain brands will fit and some wont. Looking for any experience with a 37" Nitto Ridge Grappler on a 2013 SCREW on 20x9 rims. I will be using a -18 offset which does currently rub (a little) with stock tires and rims(2" spacer added). I am fully planning on a 2" leveling kit for front but will that be enough to eliminate rub running 37" tires?? This is my mid life crisis truck and my daily driver to work so no jumping or mudding going on here, just horse power mods with hopefully a Supercharger in the not too distant future...

Last edited:

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
We generally frown upon the following in these parts:

1) Leveling kits on Raptors
2) 20" wheels on Raptors
3) Wheel spacers on Raptors
4) Large negative offset wheels on Raptors

Otherwise, you're off to a good start, though!

You'll want to set the front shocks to mid perch and stay with a smaller 37" tire (like the BFG K02) and wheels with no more than 0 offset (like most of the 17" Methods). With some trimming (and hammering the pinch welds), you will generally be okay but they will still rub if you're pushing it hard off road.

Also, you should run a search. This information is all readily available.

OP
OP
lixalottapus

lixalottapus

Reaction score
While I can understand being condescended to for being a noob, the search function on this site leaves something to be desired. If you have mastered the search ability feel free to post a link in your reply.
Truckzor, why not 20's? Whats wrong with leveling kits? Are only purists welcome here?
I feel exclusive because I bought an expensive bad ass truck and want to be around like minded people...… I saved my money and responsibly bought the truck of my dreams in my mid 40's and now I want to trick it out and drive it to work so literally everyone else looks and says wow, why didn't I think of that, and feel a lot safer driving to work in white out conditions in 10 degree weather in the dark?

At the risk of getting stoned to death 'in these parts' I will tell you I also plan on adding a Borla cat back exhaust, programmer, ADD front bumper, and hopefully a roush super charger in the near future( in the mean time I just installed a bbk cold air intake and 85mm throttle body) GASP! Oh ya and a Rockford Fosgate DSR-1 so I can integrate my aftermarket sound system.

Last edited:

BenBB

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
While I can understand being condescended to for being a noob, I still don't see an answer to my ask.
Truckzor, why not 20's? Whats wrong with leveling kits? Are only purists welcome here?
I feel exclusive because I bought an expensive bad ass truck and want to be around like minded people...… I saved my money and responsibly bought the truck of my dreams in my mid 40's and now I want to trick it out and drive it to work so literally everyone else looks and says wow, why didn't I think of that?

And if you don't think I haven't spent literally hours googling what I asked before I asked it on a new site where I specifically did not want to look stupid than you are either young and immature or just a knowledgeable troll deusch bag imop.

If anyone else wants to rip on me, I plan on adding a Borla cat back exhaust, programmer, ADD front bumper, and hopefully a roush super charger in the near future( in the mean time I just installed a bbk cold air intake and 85mm throttle body. Oh ya and a Rockford Fosgate DSR-1 so I can integrate my aftermarket sound system.

Or can someone recommend a different forum?

I thought @Truckzor summed it up really well and wasn't condescending in the least...if you're easily offended the internet might be a bad idea...that was heavy sarcasm but you probably get the point.

There are good reasons for everything he listed:
Levelling kits are just spacers that sit at the top of the shock; great for a budget boost on a Heep or lessening the rake on a garden-variety F150, but on a Raptor it's WAY better to simply (well relatively) and zero cost (if you do it yourself) set the front shocks to mid perch. You'll gain that 2" in front as well as firm up the already soft front end (less brake dive and body roll, better resistance to bottoming).

20" Rims are fine for a street queen, and there's nothing wrong with that if that's what you have in mind, there are plenty of Raptors out there that don't ever see dirt. The sidewall you lose limits your offroad capability significantly so it just seems a bit out of place on a truck purpose-built for offroading. To each their own though.

Wheel spacers can have issues offroading, whether it's coming loose at inopportune times or just stressing steering components or exacerbating wheel rub, they are generally not a good way to gain wheel width. Again, if you're not offroading hard, it's largely a non-issue, but zero offset is about as far as you want to go and maintain offroadability, and even that is IMHO questionable without beefing some things up like tie rods, knuckle, UCAs, etc. Beyond that, like huge rims, it's kinda ghetto.

Lastly the 37" tires question is one of those things that there are literally hundreds of threads on here going back to '10, so while I think you're welcome here and have a valid question about a specific tire fitment...you might expect a little backlash. Especially after talking shit about a longstanding member with a badass build. There's a wealth of information archived here and guys that are more than willing to help, I wouldn't suggest starting out on the wrong foot.

OP
OP
lixalottapus

lixalottapus

Reaction score
I appreciate all the info BenBB. Thanks!

This weekend I attempted the 'mid perch' setting. While I eventually succeeded it was a pain in the *******. I only have 1 wheel done but I have only gained 1/2"....

The only reason I used spacers was to gauge what offset I will want to get on future wheels. I agree spacers are garbage.

Sorry I love the truck but live in Alaska and don't see any deserts in my near future?

Last edited:

5280_TIM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The search function on the site sucks, yes...but I have the most success using google. Just type into google something like "raptor 37" and it will usually put all the forum topics right at the top. As long as you include the word raptor and then whatever else you want to know about it will pop up a ton of threads with useful info.

As for your quest to run 37s. It sounds like you have a Mall crawler..nothing wrong with that at all, and it actually expands the possibilities for you successfully running 37s. Like OP said, you need to reduce your offset to +00 thru +34. Then, get both struts set to mid perch. Throw away your spacers as that only hurts your offset problems. Dont use a leveling kit. You have a raptor, enjoy the ride quality that comes with it. There are tons of pavement princesses running 00 offset wheels with all sorts of 37s. As long as you do those things, and bang out your pinch welds, your grocery getter will do just fine.

Below is a screen shot of what I mean with searching on google instead of the forum 09ee66c9136f61b84abc9bac15bf6d42.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
lixalottapus

lixalottapus

Reaction score
Thanks @5280_TIM

Mall crawler does sound better than Street Queen. While I do plan on driving this basically just to work and back every day to make my life a little happier while I make other people rich. I would say that driving on Alaskan highways may rival some desert plains in terms of smoothness, for example, there is stretch of highway just before my work where they removed the pavement because of the recent 7.0 earth quake we had and I must say after I finally completed the 'mid' perch I hit that shit going 60 miles an hour every day Grinning from ear to ear!!! (when there aren't chevy's in front of me)…

Here is my description of the mid Perch on a 50,000 mile truck. PAIN IN THE ******!!

Once I finally got my spring compressors in the exact right position(1 day). I was able to move on to the spring cup. The set screws were obviously galled so I very carefully had to drill both of them. Then its just move the cup up right? This took me the majority of the time in my 3 days of this project. I managed to see some movement after a couple hours on the first one but the second cup took me over 6 hours and had all but given up after using heat, leverage, Giant taped channel locks, rubber mallet...etc. Eventually I noticed a 1/16th inch move so poured on more WD-40. The damb fox sticker was the only hurdle after that. Hammer time up, then down then trim the sticker....repeat over and over and over and over...…

Results, I gained 1.5" lift on front which is definitely noticeable and the drive is heavenly. Apparently FOX shocks sweet spot are at mid perch which explains why everyone says to do it. I float over bumps now. The change is legendary! Every day I drive it I am more pleased. It is like a different truck. WORTH IT!!!

@5280_TIM
The spacers will go in the garbage as soon as I land on Wheels and tires. The offset however I would be willing to go to a -12 but I am just infatuated with the look of the tires sticking out of the fenders about 3/4". I realize this is what is causing my problem and am torn...

Thanks for your input! I really appreciate it man!

Last edited:
OP
OP
lixalottapus

lixalottapus

Reaction score
Actually all, I visited tiresize.com again and checked out the wheel offset calculator and it turns out a 0mm offset is still not too shabby. You still get about 1.39" farther out since the stock offset is a +34mm. I think I can handle this and have my cake and eat it to with 37" wheels. Nice!