37 inch tire change

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

High maintenance Rap

Reaction score
Wondering if someone has been in my shoes , currently I have the stock tires and thinking of going to an aftermarket tire still in a 37inch , I’m driving more on the street and 1x a month off road light trails. Is it worth the change of tires? My mind playing tricks on me do to the fact I’m seeing those nice aggressive aftermarket tires , but do I really need it ? Will the performance increase? Mickey Thompson , Nitto, ecc….. I’m lost

MyLord

Reaction score
Looking for the same. After doing research I think I’m going with the toyo at3’s. They’re light and do not have such an aggressive tread pattern for road resistance.

I sure experts could chime in?

John M BUNMAN

BUNMAN-Adventures, Rescue & Recovery
Reaction score
Last edited:
OP
OP
High maintenance Rap

High maintenance Rap

Reaction score
I think also people desire that square look from the back that BFG doesn’t really give on the stock that leads to people to change the stock in my opinion, BFG should work on that. Only my opinion, unfortunately looks sell in this world.

wweaver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It’s a tough balance. Look at Nitto Ridgegrappler and Toyo R/T also. Or find some cheap wheels and do two sets so your not giving up anything get some Cooper STT Pro and skip the sensors if you don’t mind the annoying warning and just throw them on when you wheel. They will last forever just doing that. Of course you need space for them. If for looks only get a hybrid mentioned above or others.

jondle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm the largest advocate of 37s, but don't put 37" tires on a street truck. They weigh more, lower your gas mileage, and throw off your speed-o [without tuning] with no benefit. 37's give you more contact patch and help you stay on top of slightly bigger chatter while off-road.