37 inch Package Limited for 21?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Honeybadger_Zero

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How does a dealer know if they have a 37” allocation? My dealer has five allocation but they seem to be unsure if they can order the 37”.
Dealers were contacted by their Reps and given their allocations for 37 pkg. My dealer got 5 allocations total and after all orders were placed were informed they only had 2 allocations for the 37 pkg. 3 of their orders were for the 37 pkg. So my guy contacted me asking if I would consider changing to 35" base for my order. Told him I would rather wait it out for the next round of build and allotments to get the 37 pkg given all the upgrades that you can't get without ordering it from the factory. They had to have their orders adjsuted to 2 37 pkg and 3 35 base by sunday per their rep, so now I wait to see if I get to be one of the 2 37 pkg orders or if I'm waiting in limbo for opportunity to put in a new order when they open up more allocations.

Honeybadger_Zero

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ford is ridiculous with this allocation crap. They are a mainstream manufacturer not a boutique company. Not only are ford performance vehicles a special allocation but now certain packages of those models are a separate allocation, ridiculous.
You do realize they are the manufacturer with the biggest hit to them on available microchips for control units right? and that they are rolling out a highly sought after new Raptor during this shortage, and I'm sure the availability of the upgraded shocks is probably driving limited availability on the 37 pkg. so given parts and microchip shortages its expected to have limited allocations for production of a high demand vehicle. nature of supply/demand economics

Chainsaw

Ghost of a Raptor Owner
Reaction score
You do realize they are the manufacturer with the biggest hit to them on available microchips for control units right? and that they are rolling out a highly sought after new Raptor during this shortage, and I'm sure the availability of the upgraded shocks is probably driving limited availability on the 37 pkg. so given parts and microchip shortages its expected to have limited allocations for production of a high demand vehicle. nature of supply/demand economics

Are the shocks upgraded on 37s? I thought it's the same ones as 35s but with an artificially-shortened travel.

Gatica

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I lucked out after being contacted that they had no 37 allocations they called me the following week and said they had 1 and allowed me to put my order in. It does help when I purchase 15 cargo vans a year from them. However the time line no one knows can be 4-5 months, out at that point should had just waited for a 22.

Chugger

Reaction score
I have been hounding my local dealer for months that the only truck I want when I return my leased F 150 is a New 2021 Raptor! I have been wanting a Raptor for years and did not want to compromise this time! Life it too short!

My fiancée past away over a year ago and I promised her before she passed that I will stop just talking about getting a Raptor to her and the kids and finally get the Raptor I always wanted!

I waited patiently for the 2021's to finally become available. When the order banks opened up I keep calling my dealer to see if they can order one for me. When they contacted me back they informed me that they only had one allegation for a Raptor this month and the manager already built the order as a Inventory retail order.

They called me back the next morning and said that they would be willing to change the order to a customer order but had to submit it be 3 pm that day.
When I called back the manager informed me that he ordered a Lead Grey with the 37 Performance package! I immediately thought, Awesome, that is exactly what I was going to order! I already built that same truck multiple times on the website since it came out. All they need to do is change it from a inventory order to a customer order.

But then he informed me that his rep called him this morning and told him he needs to change the order to an order without the 37 Performance package or he wasn't going to get it! Now it made since why they were offering the allegation to me. I'm sure everyone wants the 37 Package! It's so unique.

Obviously I was immediately disappointed! Here I go again having to compromise. I was honored that the dealer was offering me their only allegation and didn't want to loose that but it was not the exact truck I wanted. My first thought was that I'll wait until a 37 package becomes available! I've waited too long and I am spending a lot of money to have to compromise. But then again if I loose this allegation, who knows when I will get another one.

Time was ticking and they needed to get the order in by 3 pm.

I went for it! I changed the order to a 35 inch Raptor. I changed to color to Black since my main reason for getting the lead Grey was because the way it went with the black Rims and big tires in the 37 inch Package. I opted not to pay the extra money for the Bead lock capable rims, because now that I'm going with 35's I can get my own after market rims later.

I guess my question here is: Is there anyway I can pursue changing my order to the 37 Performance Package and cross my fingers that Ford will except it? As far as I know my build did not get a VIN yet, so technically it hasn't been excepted yet? Has anyone had any luck with trying to push a 37 package through?

Am I over thinking the 37 inch Package? Is it all it's going to be crack up to be? I just love the Idea that they built the whole truck, different shocks and all, around putting 37 inch tires on it. The first thing I want to do with my trucks when I buy them is put 37 inch tires on them but then I have to worry about rubbing or how they are going to effect the trucks performance, electronics, ect. It' also the main reason I waited for the 2021 and didn't pull the trigger on a 2020 or a TRX.

slv_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been hounding my local dealer for months that the only truck I want when I return my leased F 150 is a New 2021 Raptor! I have been wanting a Raptor for years and did not want to compromise this time! Life it too short!

My fiancée past away over a year ago and I promised her before she passed that I will stop just talking about getting a Raptor to her and the kids and finally get the Raptor I always wanted!

I waited patiently for the 2021's to finally become available. When the order banks opened up I keep calling my dealer to see if they can order one for me. When they contacted me back they informed me that they only had one allegation for a Raptor this month and the manager already built the order as a Inventory retail order.

They called me back the next morning and said that they would be willing to change the order to a customer order but had to submit it be 3 pm that day.
When I called back the manager informed me that he ordered a Lead Grey with the 37 Performance package! I immediately thought, Awesome, that is exactly what I was going to order! I already built that same truck multiple times on the website since it came out. All they need to do is change it from a inventory order to a customer order.

But then he informed me that his rep called him this morning and told him he needs to change the order to an order without the 37 Performance package or he wasn't going to get it! Now it made since why they were offering the allegation to me. I'm sure everyone wants the 37 Package! It's so unique.

Obviously I was immediately disappointed! Here I go again having to compromise. I was honored that the dealer was offering me their only allegation and didn't want to loose that but it was not the exact truck I wanted. My first thought was that I'll wait until a 37 package becomes available! I've waited too long and I am spending a lot of money to have to compromise. But then again if I loose this allegation, who knows when I will get another one.

Time was ticking and they needed to get the order in by 3 pm.

I went for it! I changed the order to a 35 inch Raptor. I changed to color to Black since my main reason for getting the lead Grey was because the way it went with the black Rims and big tires in the 37 inch Package. I opted not to pay the extra money for the Bead lock capable rims, because now that I'm going with 35's I can get my own after market rims later.

I guess my question here is: Is there anyway I can pursue changing my order to the 37 Performance Package and cross my fingers that Ford will except it? As far as I know my build did not get a VIN yet, so technically it hasn't been excepted yet? Has anyone had any luck with trying to push a 37 package through?

Am I over thinking the 37 inch Package? Is it all it's going to be crack up to be? I just love the Idea that they built the whole truck, different shocks and all, around putting 37 inch tires on it. The first thing I want to do with my trucks when I buy them is put 37 inch tires on them but then I have to worry about rubbing or how they are going to effect the trucks performance, electronics, ect. It' also the main reason I waited for the 2021 and didn't pull the trigger on a 2020 or a TRX.
I’m biased because I ordered a 37.
If your plan is to slap 37s on the truck as soon as you get it, I would wait it out for the 37 package. Having full factory warranty is something that carries a lot of value to me.

If I’m paying 80k for a truck, I’m getting it exactly how I want it even if that means I’m waiting a bit longer than everyone else.

Raptor R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 37 Raptors are going to be a very limited run. If you have an allocation secured, hold on to it!