37 inch Package Limited for 21?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I have no actual data as I'm an outsider. But generally the packages are much higher margin than the vehicle. For example let's say 95% of the cost is already embedded in the buildout of the base truck and component changes or additions on the line are not incrementally expensive. So that $7k package probably has a good margin in it as a percentage of the total cost versus the base vehicle.

But to your point perhaps they are limiting their risk of wty or recall issues as they scale the 37" of the first time.

ganooch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well my dealer has about 15 preorders, and 1 allocation for the 37inch. Every other dealer already has multiple people in line and most dealers will not get a single 37 inch allocation. Apparently the entire Chicagoland network of Ford dealers has receiver TWO (2) 37inch orders out of all of their 2021 allocations. What are my chances to find another dealer at MSRP with the 37inch available with such high demand?
You bother calling around, or are you assuming that all dealers will have allocations similar to yours?

moodster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My dealer is one of the largest in our state if not the biggest.
6 allocation for raptors and only 2 37” are out of the six.

Raptor_NV

Reaction score
How does a dealer know if they have a 37” allocation? My dealer has five allocation but they seem to be unsure if they can order the 37”.

Gsteve

FRF Addict
Reaction score
i wont go 37s... too much crap goes with them. inc slower and worse mpg

nmp1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ford is ridiculous with this allocation crap. They are a mainstream manufacturer not a boutique company. Not only are ford performance vehicles a special allocation but now certain packages of those models are a separate allocation, ridiculous.

policedutchdog

Reaction score
Allocation is based on past volume so dealers that historically sell alot of Ford Performance vehicles like Galpin and Sunrise Ford which are some of the largest volume dealers in the country are naturally going to have many more units available to them. Plus they have a high markup on those vehicles.