37 BFG KO2 fit on Gen1 Mid Perch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Meat2022

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Since the 37 BFG KO2 from all ive read is actually closer to a 35, will a 37 KO2 fit on the Gen1 on Midperch?

BenBB

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fit, yes. Rub, maybe. Depends on how hard you get after it; from what I've read best case no rubbing or only minor (at front wheelwells) when in reverse and full lock, worst case you rip out the front splash guards and/or eject some flares and/or remodel your windshield washer tank on a big jump. It's pretty much imminent for mine so I plan to hammer the pinch welds front & rear, upgrade to 3.0's or better, try a tune and get Forscan to reprogram the speedo (not that mine's accurate now, maybe it would be then?). I don't think a regear is really necessary but, you could if you really wanted to. I don't think Ford changed gearing on the Gen3 when they started offering 37 packages but they did beef up the shocks (a whole 0.1", but they already are 3.0", at least nominally) so at least even they think it's doable with minimal issues...

Big Blue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Since the 37 BFG KO2 from all ive read is actually closer to a 35, will a 37 KO2 fit on the Gen1 on Midperch?

BFG Tire details indicate a 36.5" diameter, so it's closer to 37" than 35". It may fit, but I don't think you will be happy with the results. You are going to have ongoing front rubbing on full lock on a flat surface and forget offroading.

Fit, yes. Rub, maybe. Depends on how hard you get after it; from what I've read best case no rubbing or only minor (at front wheelwells) when in reverse and full lock, worst case you rip out the front splash guards and/or eject some flares and/or remodel your windshield washer tank on a big jump. It's pretty much imminent for mine so I plan to hammer the pinch welds front & rear, upgrade to 3.0's or better, try a tune and get Forscan to reprogram the speedo (not that mine's accurate now, maybe it would be then?). I don't think a regear is really necessary but, you could if you really wanted to. I don't think Ford changed gearing on the Gen3 when they started offering 37 packages but they did beef up the shocks (a whole 0.1", but they already are 3.0", at least nominally) so at least even they think it's doable with minimal issues...

Most tunes will allow you to provide tire info so they can adjust speedo in the tune and you won't need Forscan.

OP
OP
Meat2022

Meat2022

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
BFG Tire details indicate a 36.5" diameter, so it's closer to 37" than 35". It may fit, but I don't think you will be happy with the results. You are going to have ongoing front rubbing on full lock on a flat surface and forget offroading.

Most tunes will allow you to provide tire info so they can adjust speedo in the tune and you won't need Forscan.
I'll stick with stock size for sure lol, I've still got about 35k miles left on these now but wanted to possibly go a little larger , I have a sct tuner with 93 performance tune from 5 star, so I've seen the tire size setting. Are any tires truly 35s? I've looked and looked into this. That's why I was asking about the 37s from BFG. I know interco tires run true or actually a tad larger.

BenBB

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Same here, my next set will be 35" KO2's since it's going to be a while before I get everything else done. Was looking at Patagonia M/T load range D and they are supposedly 34.7" (so a whopping .3" larger than the C-range KO2's at 34.4"), a little heavier and deeper tread, quite a bit cheaper but still leaning towards the BFG's...

Big Blue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll stick with stock size for sure lol, I've still got about 35k miles left on these now but wanted to possibly go a little larger , I have a sct tuner with 93 performance tune from 5 star, so I've seen the tire size setting. Are any tires truly 35s? I've looked and looked into this. That's why I was asking about the 37s from BFG. I know interco tires run true or actually a tad larger.

Toyo Open Country M/Ts for a larger 35 than the BFG.

OP
OP
Meat2022

Meat2022

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does anyone on here use interco tires? I used to run them on my z71. Thornbirds...they were great but man they didn't last mileage wise...but I truly never had an issue with them except the tread life

OP
OP
Meat2022

Meat2022

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Same here, my next set will be 35" KO2's since it's going to be a while before I get everything else done. Was looking at Patagonia M/T load range D and they are supposedly 34.7" (so a whopping .3" larger than the C-range KO2's at 34.4"), a little heavier and deeper tread, quite a bit cheaper but still leaning towards the BFG's...
I had klever on my f150...those tires were great. Nitto had to warrant out the Terra grapplers I had....so nitto lost me forever. But the kenda kelver was great. But I'll probably go with the KO2 .firestone xt is on the raptor, 0 issues with them.