37" BFG ATs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

R4P70R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Scroll through the first 10 post or so u till you find Vanilla_Gorilla's write up with pictures on the pinch weld and fender mod.

You can see the pinch weld in the rear wheel well, now imagine your tires stuffing up against that. The idea is to turn that into a flat surface and give yourself a little more room

chris.v

Reaction score
37" BFG ATs

I just wanted to share my experience with the 37" KO2.

I have around 2000k on them, they're mounted on 17x8.5 method mesh rims.

I have had them re-balanced 4X. The tire shop swears they are getting balanced out to 0.0 with little weight needed. But I continue to have a bounce and a shaking steering wheel, both symptoms most prominent near highway speeds.

This same tire shop sold the same set to an f150 owner that was having the same issues.

BFG is taking my tires back and is giving me a brand new set of 35's. My tire shops theory is there is a design issue with the tire with having so much sidewall.

Any similar experiences? And yes the truck was aligned right after the new rubber.

Chris

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vang

Reaction score
I just wanted to share my experience with the 37" KO2.

I have around 2000k on them, they're mounted on 17x8.5 method mesh rims.

I have had them re-balanced 4X. The tire shop swears they are getting balanced out to 0.0 with little weight needed. But I continue to have a bounce and a shaking steering wheel, both symptoms most prominent near highway speeds.

This same tire shop sold the same set to an f150 owner that was having the same issues.

BFG is taking my tires back and is giving me a brand new set of 35's. My tire shops theory is there is a design issue with the tire with having so much sidewall.

Any similar experiences? And yes the truck was aligned right after the new rubber.

Chris

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Try getting it balanced at a different tire shop. I had the same problem and the tech that did mine kept balancing them wrong..he did the cheap easy lazy way of single plane balancing putting the weights in the center.. went to a different shop and another tech balanced it right with dual plane balancing putting weights on both inside and outside edges of the rim instead (mind you this is all with stick on wheel weights, not the clip on stuff) and then from there you have the choice of road force balancing as well

crash457

I'm Batman
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are they using a Roadforce balancer? 37's will have more sidewall flex than 35s. The sidewall flex can impact the tire's behavior on the road. Also if the tire isn't balanced perfectly, the impact will is amplified by the larger rolling diameter.

FloJo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the same problem at my local tire shop..so i took them out to get balanced and rotated at sears and alot smoother now i dont know what they did different there but it worked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been following this thread and read through all of it as well. Thank you for all the great info. I went ahead with 37" BFG KO2 on stock wheels, mid perch, 2013 with 52000 miles. No rubbing on the street so far. I did the pinch weld and fender trimming as suggested for offroad use.

I absolutely love the look of the new KO2 style. The ride seems smoother even though they are at the same tire pressure as the stock 35"s. I did notice a bit of a power zap coming off the line and mpg in town has dropped slightly. highway mpg has gone up. I only drove the truck a few miles on the 37"s and then applied an SVT tune so hard to compare before and after on power/mpg. I would not go back to 35"s, I love the 37"s and now the wife wants some on hers! :chewie:

Some comparison pics for you guys. I have 37"s on a 2013 mid perch raptor and 35"s on a 2014 mid perch raptor, both right around 50k miles.

12871-2014-35-2013-37.jpg

12874-2014-35-vs-2013-37.jpg

12869-35-vs-37.jpg

12870-35-vs-37.jpg

12872-35-rear.jpg

12873-37-rear.jpg

Thanks for the comparison pics! That's very helpful to see since I'm considering going to 37's. I've seen tons of pics with 37's, but when you see them side by side like that it shows the difference best.

Any one have some more pics with 37" K02 on methods on a supercab? Most of the pics I see are screw's..trying to get a better idea of how it will look on a supercab. Thanks!

AndysLog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
yea i had honestly just figured i would do 35s again once the ones on there are gone but now im probably going to go 37s.

love this place.

MaTm

Reaction score
I got my 37s put on yesterday. Mid-perch, no rubbing with the 0 offset Methods. They ride so much better than the KM2s and look great.

I was planning to calibrate the speedo with my X4, but my 37 actually measures ~35" @ 42 psi. I've read they typically measure 36.4" or so?

Attachments

• 37s installed.jpg
    37s installed.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 193
  • 37 measure.jpg
    37 measure.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 226

5280_TIM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How do you have no rubbing lol. Have you driven over a bump yet or done a full lock reverse?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

crashmc302

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How do you have no rubbing lol. Have you driven over a bump yet or done a full lock reverse?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
I'd been running mid perch with 37s on stock wheels and they only rubbed if the wind pushed the inner edge of the fender well inward. It eventually goes away. While off roading, I oddly never heard anything. I've since gone to fiberglass fenders and have rubbing at wheel lock with stock wheels. I'm trying to figure out through extensive research on a good offset to clear the front inside edge of the wells and not cause issues. But how he has it set up, it's actually quite nice.

I should switch back to dirt bikes as a hobby. I'll still be broke, but it's cheaper

---------- Post added at 05:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:51 PM ----------

Try getting it balanced at a different tire shop. I had the same problem and the tech that did mine kept balancing them wrong..he did the cheap easy lazy way of single plane balancing putting the weights in the center.. went to a different shop and another tech balanced it right with dual plane balancing putting weights on both inside and outside edges of the rim instead (mind you this is all with stick on wheel weights, not the clip on stuff) and then from there you have the choice of road force balancing as well
Yea, agreed. I had mine done in pairs by 2 separate shops in either end of the country and neither set had issues. (It was out of necessity.) But if it's done right, you'll never have issues with balancing the 37s.

I should switch back to dirt bikes as a hobby. I'll still be broke, but it's cheaper