37 AMB Finally arrived

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brownie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Klaben Ford in Kent, OH took excellent care of me. Paid sticker price for the Raptor 37 and they were responsive, kind and helpful all the way through. If you want to buy from them, get on the waiting list quick! They've got a lot of slots filled up already. They filled up the tank for me of course and deflated the tires from 55 PSI down to 38. My first drive and it was a half an hour back to my father-in-law's house in a heavy rain in the dark while I talked to my son on the phone. It was a little intimidating because I wasn't familiar with the vehicle or the technology. I have to say I'm impressed with how user-friendly the control is higher. I was able to figure most everything out on the fly without too much stress. This morning I drove at 3 hours back to my house and this Beast ate up the highway. It didn't suck. it wasn't quite as smooth on the road as my Avalanche, but that's to be expected with the off-road suspension. Going 90 felt like nothing. Thank goodness I had my Waze app to alert me to the cops. I especially appreciated the way the seats fold up in the back. I had to bring my two Labrador Retrievers back with me and they had enough room to actually walk around back there. The design also kept them from getting their hair all over the seats. Clean up was easy afterwards. The blue interior, as many others have said, is completely different when you see it in person. I have little doubt that I would have chosen it from all the colors once I saw it and felt it. The Recaro seats are firm but comfortable, form-fitting enough to keep you feeling snug and secure off-roading but perfectly comfortable for a thousand mile trip as well. I really didn't see any drawbacks but if someone asked me to nitpick, I would just say that I wasn't overly impressed with the B&O sound system. I would think that 18 speakers would have given me a richer sound experience but of course it was perfectly adequate, if not wonderful, for these 58 year-old ears. The only glitch so far was a malfunctioning tire sensor about a hundred miles into the trip, but that corrected itself a few hours later. I'll keep an eye on it. Right now I'm just trying to learn how to use the app and the controls. One final note, perhaps the most impressive thing I've seen is the 360-degree camera. It somehow takes the camera views from all around the vehicle and amalgamates them into a single picture that looks like the view from 20 feet overhead. Looking forward to using that one in the woods when branches get a little too close for comfort.

Ox3721

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sweet truck. The Rhapsody interior looks great with the AMB. That’s the only other color I would’ve considered after Oxford white. Congrats on the new ride.

combatninja

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Beautiful Raptor, that's the exact truck I want in a scab with a v8! Come at me Ford!.
You and me both! Ford actually saved me $65K considering they did not build one this way. I just got a new 4x4 and need a Raptor like a fish needs a bicycle but I know I’d be tempted if they made a SCAB. If it had a naturally aspirated V8? Done deal.

Not to thread hijack… Nice truck, OP!