37 Allocation replaced with 35 allocation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BalorGrayJax

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately had a bit of bad news today. Apparently my dealer either was oblivious to their allocations or lied to me. I'm thinking it was more negligence than anything intentional but here is where I now am at:

Dealer had 2 allocations all along, one was spoken for and I had the other. I ordered a 37 Package.. but.. according to the dealer they assumed the 37 to be limited for MY21 and so placed another order on my behalf for a standard 35 pack per the recommendation of their Ford Rep. Guess which one got picked up and scheduled by Ford first?

So now I have 2 months tied up in a truck order I'm not going to get. They said I can hope for a My22 but I almost just want to switch dealers.

Does anyone have any thoughts on if I keep my order for my 37 what timeline may look like for me? Probs a crap shoot, but at this point I'm just disappointed.

btizzle

Reaction score
You are on the bandwagon brah! There is a **** ton of us disappointed..

Im guessing by the time late spring rolls around, pretty much all of us will have new trucks coming.

Honeybadger_Zero

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’d say this would fall more under the they lied and hosed you category. I’ve seen the emails my dealer got from the regional rep regarding allocations total as well as 37pkg. This would have had to have been fixed way back in June the weekend after the order banks fully opened on the 18th. That was the timeframe the rep gave them to sort out which order would have to either drop to 35s or be put on the back burner for next round of 37 allocations... so personally unless they are giving you some stellar deal I would shop around for what you actually want.

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It's hard to believe how uninformed many of the dealers are. :banghead: It was no different when I ordered my '20. Most of the dealers I spoke to really had no clue, and that was after there were few changes for a couple of years! Many were happy to lie about their allocations and hope that somehow something would show up at some point.

Stories like yours really make me glad I love my '20 and am more than happy to keep it.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Screw that dealer and find another one. The wait will be worth it, we all went through this back in 2010, waiting for the 6.2 to come out, I waited 6months and then another 3 months after that for my build. If you don't have a long history with your dealer, chances are you will have a problem, especially with what's going on in the world. Only the special/lucky ones will get the Raptor they want this year. Good luck anyway, don't lose faith!

Vrrooom

Reaction score
That stinks.

I'm in a similar situation... back in July I spoke with a 'big' dealer in my area and they assured me they had an allocation and would place my order. We went through the order sheet and I was told the order is placed and ETA was early September. I followed up about once a week and was told everything is on track, order was accepted by Ford but no build was scheduled. Understandable as this is what others say as well. Well I spoke to them earlier this week and was told.... they 'just' found out they didn't have any more allocations, that my order was NEVER submitted, and they're 'waiting' to find out more information. SMH.

Anyone have a good dealer that is selling at MSRP? Willing to travel- somewhere in the east cost/mid-west is fine. West coast is a no go.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That stinks.

I'm in a similar situation... back in July I spoke with a 'big' dealer in my area and they assured me they had an allocation and would place my order. We went through the order sheet and I was told the order is placed and ETA was early September. I followed up about once a week and was told everything is on track, order was accepted by Ford but no build was scheduled. Understandable as this is what others say as well. Well I spoke to them earlier this week and was told.... they 'just' found out they didn't have any more allocations, that my order was NEVER submitted, and they're 'waiting' to find out more information. SMH.

Anyone have a good dealer that is selling at MSRP? Willing to travel- somewhere in the east cost/mid-west is fine. West coast is a no go.
Please post the name of the big dealer as a warning to others.