37” tire suspension help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
A

Alford78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have Kings, Rouge HEIM UCAs, 37 KO2s and Deavers and am very happy with the setup. Its a great first step and you don't need anything else to pound away in the desert. Call SVC and let them help. They are great

Thanks! No trimming right? And how high does the back sit compared to the front? Do the 3.0 King rear shocks add some height too? I read about the Heim UCAs and think they are a great upgrade too since need a UCA anyway.

BADASSRAPTOR

Reaction score
You will be way past the operating range of the front shocks if you try to stack a perch collar on top of the Geisers. Most people do one or the other based on their budget and how they want their truck to ride.

The adjustable perch collars are the least expensive option. However, at their maximum setting the front end will be stiff and bouncy, as reported by many who have tried. The factory shocks remain in their operating range.

The Giesers progressive springs are next on the cost spectrum and they provide a slightly firmer ride, but in a good "truck feels planted" kind of way. They ride smooth under normal driving conditions, but because they become stiffer as they come under full compression, they perform very well off-road. The factory shocks remain in their operating range.

The most expensive option is to replace the front end suspension components and shocks with Fox/King/ICON replacement parts which all have adjustable height settings. This type of setup is big dollars $$$.

I was considering 3" RPGs and 4" rear block on my Gen 2 Raptor (dont want to spend $$$ on Dover +3). But I really really would like to fit 37/12.5R20 Nitto Trails on Fuels 20x10 -18mm offset wheels, and all that without any trimming nor rubbing. Is that possible at all?
Geisers springs sound intriguing, and it does say ion their website that 37" will fit. Was there any rubbing? Trimming done?
Or is it better to stick with 325/60R20? Geiser springs give Raptor 2.5" lift (after break-in, as stated oin their site), 3" RPG I'm not sure the actual they provide? ANY SUGGESTIONS PLS?

Tlh235

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have Geiser front springs and Deaver plus 2 rear springs which is the same as stock Height in the back with Method 17” rims and 37” BFG tires. I have zero rubbing on my gen 2 and the rear sits a very tiny bit lower. It’s very hard to notice unless you’re really looking for it.

Would you mind posting a side shot of your truck and an upclose of your tire and wheel.

thanks.

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I was considering 3" RPGs and 4" rear block on my Gen 2 Raptor (dont want to spend $$$ on Dover +3). But I really really would like to fit 37/12.5R20 Nitto Trails on Fuels 20x10 -18mm offset wheels, and all that without any trimming nor rubbing. Is that possible at all?
Geisers springs sound intriguing, and it does say ion their website that 37" will fit. Was there any rubbing? Trimming done?
Or is it better to stick with 325/60R20? Geiser springs give Raptor 2.5" lift (after break-in, as stated oin their site), 3" RPG I'm not sure the actual they provide? ANY SUGGESTIONS PLS?

I would check with one of the wheel/tire vendors on this site, but a 10" wide wheel with a -18 offset will most likely rub on the body under compression. My 37s fit with Geisers, but I am running a narrower 8.5" wheel with +6 offset. (The lower the offset, the further they stick out from under the truck) I had to trim a 1-2" square of the inner fender lining to avoid rubbing. (see attached pic)

4" blocks under the factory Raptor leafs is a really bad idea due to severe axle wrap, which is the reason no one does it. Deavers +3s are not cheap, but they are the absolute best way to go for many reasons.

The rear blocks, Fuel wheel and Nitto tire specs you are suggesting are better suited for a 6-8" lifted F150, not a Raptor.

Attachments

• Raptor 2018 Trim.jpg
    Raptor 2018 Trim.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:

murph145

Full Access Member
Reaction score
O man blocks on a Raptor..... I guess if you never plan on taking it in the dirt at all then have at it.

I think from the sound of things withe the wheels you're looking at dirt will not be an option for you and the street scene is more your thing. If that's the case go on with a lift kit vs a suspension upgrade.

CatchMeOffroad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would check with one of the wheel/tire vendors on this site, but a 10" wide wheel with a -18 offset will most likely rub on the body under compression. My 37s fit with Geisers, but I am running a narrower 8.5" wheel with +6 offset. (The lower the offset, the further they stick out from under the truck) I had to trim a 1-2" square of the inner fender lining to avoid rubbing. (see attached pic)

4" blocks under the factory Raptor leafs is a really bad idea due to severe axle wrap, which is the reason no one does it. Deavers +3s are not cheap, but they are the absolute best way to go for many reasons.

The rear blocks, Fuel wheel and Nitto tire specs you are suggesting are better suited for a 6-8" lifted F150, not a Raptor.

What did you use to trim your liners? (Guessing a cutoff wheel?) I'm probably going to go this route as well when I get 37s.

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What did you use to trim your liners? (Guessing a cutoff wheel?) I'm probably going to go this route as well when I get 37s.

Yes, a small cutoff wheel. Took about 5 minutes, which is why it looks so bad! I will clean it up later when I get a chance to remove the front wheels.

cwylie

Full Access Member
Reaction score

You should probably just give up on the raptor now and go buy an F150 and put a lift on it. Sorry but this plan sounds like a complete joke.

OP
OP
A

Alford78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You should probably just give up on the raptor now and go buy an F150 and put a lift on it. Sorry but this plan sounds like a complete joke.

If he wants to have a Raptor that isn’t used for sand or other Pre-Running types of off roading why do a lot of people on here give this type of flak? I’m not trying to be a donkey’s a$$ by any means by bringing this up as I too was thinking about a lift before I started reading “THIS” forum and understood what type of truck this was built to model and how it was engineered to be able to modify into a Pre-Runner chase type vehicle with a “bunch” of heavy duty upgrades.

But this truck isn’t a Pre-Runner or anything similar when in STOCK form which isn’t a bad thing but can be modified for those who wish to use it as a farm truck, casual trail/mud truck, or a street queen by lifting it for a larger tire. If one has no ambition or area to use a built raptor in the sand or similar terrain but can throw a lift on it and go through trails, mud, or cover their own property for farming, gaming, or other personal needs which higher clearances will be needed then why not choose a Raptor for these needs too if one really likes it better than other trucks? This is a serious question because I honestly don’t see what’s wrong with it if that’s what someone wants to do with the truck. It may not be able to jump as much, go as fast through whoops, but it should be able to go through creeks, climb or descend steep grade terrain, go through mud, and do it in comfort, good looking style compared to other trucks IMO, all while still putting a smile on the owner’s face.

Sorry for my lack of knowledge if there are CERTAIN reasons why owners shouldn’t build a Raptor to meet THEIR surrounding terrains/uses instead of building it into a Pre-Runner or similar type of setup when it will never see surroundings for such a build?

I don’t have any type of off road areas where I’ll be able to keep my Raptor up in the sweet spot of the turbos for any extended periods of time other than logging roads and mud runs so a lifted build would be more suited for my area especially if I still owned a couple of the farms I used to that required higher clearances plus the ability to get through some nasty mud at times. But, since I don’t own them anymore I will be building mine towards the Pre-Runner configuration simply because I love the LOOKS of the frame cut front bumpers, oversized fenders, and tall stance. I won’t be going with a long travel setup simply because the truck will never be able to see terrain for that type of suspension. I’ll most likely have to use off set wheels, and a few other suspension bits to get me there but it would never be able to perform the same as most other trucks with the same look; although, it will still get me through more than enough 4x4 terrain locations around my area that a lifted truck would.

Just thought I’d bring this up since so many get on here asking the same questions about lifting the Raptor (just like I did) and instead of getting an explanation they get “you would be better off buying something else”. I’m far from being a greatly educated truck guy but I do know that explanations can go a long way. Others will be able to read the pros and cons of why such and such lift is or isn’t suited, or why such and such lift is better suited because at the end of the day we all have different opinions, different needs, but we don’t have different FACTS about properly designed mods. Good data is always a positive topic for forum discussions!

Bests
Alex