37” tire suspension help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Will adding the RPG Adjustable Perch Collar 3.5” max height with Geisers provide a higher front end? Is this an option?

Bests
Alex

You will be way past the operating range of the front shocks if you try to stack a perch collar on top of the Geisers. Most people do one or the other based on their budget and how they want their truck to ride.

The adjustable perch collars are the least expensive option. However, at their maximum setting the front end will be stiff and bouncy, as reported by many who have tried. The factory shocks remain in their operating range.

The Giesers progressive springs are next on the cost spectrum and they provide a slightly firmer ride, but in a good "truck feels planted" kind of way. They ride smooth under normal driving conditions, but because they become stiffer as they come under full compression, they perform very well off-road. The factory shocks remain in their operating range.

The most expensive option is to replace the front end suspension components and shocks with Fox/King/ICON replacement parts which all have adjustable height settings. This type of setup is big dollars $$$.

OP
OP
A

Alford78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You will be way past the operating range of the front shocks if you try to stack a perch collar on top of the Geisers. Most people do one or the other based on their budget and how they want their truck to ride.

The adjustable perch collars are the least expensive option. However, at their maximum setting the front end will be stiff and bouncy, as reported by many who have tried. The factory shocks remain in their operating range.

The Giesers progressive springs are next on the cost spectrum and they provide a slightly firmer ride, but in a good "truck feels planted" kind of way. They ride smooth under normal driving conditions, but because they become stiffer as they come under full compression, they perform very well off-road. The factory shocks remain in their operating range.

The most expensive option is to replace the front end suspension components and shocks with Fox/King/ICON replacement parts which all have adjustable height settings. This type of setup is big dollars $$$.

I’ve looked at the Fox Shocks and didn’t realize they would actually lift the truck. I did notice the Kings were able to but didn’t know if they would be able to raise it more than the Geisers. How do I figure out how much the shocks can lift the truck compared to stock? That is an option I’m not against as long as I don’t need to change “all” the othe components? Carbon fenders and bedsides would look better and be cheaper than replacing all the other hardware to make the upgraded shocks work.

---------- Post added at 09:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:10 PM ----------

that's gonna be tooooo much lift Im thinkin. That would be like 6.5" of additional preload..... You would have jack squat for droop travel as well

Yea I didn’t mean use the entire 3.5” just that it was able to go that high. Was just trying to get 37s to fit without trimming.

Upgraded shocks or carbon fenders and bedsides are my only other options from what I’m searching and would rather not spend a fortune on hardware other than actual shocks so I’m now searching how much hardware needs to be upgraded to go with upgraded shocks. And how to figure out how much higher the shocks will allow the truck to sit compared to stock?

Bests
Alex

And many thanks to all!

trophycummins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve looked at the Fox Shocks and didn’t realize they would actually lift the truck. I did notice the Kings were able to but didn’t know if they would be able to raise it more than the Geisers. How do I figure out how much the shocks can lift the truck compared to stock? That is an option I’m not against as long as I don’t need to change “all” the othe components? Carbon fenders and bedsides would look better and be cheaper than replacing all the other hardware to make the upgraded shocks work.

---------- Post added at 09:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:10 PM ----------

Yea I didn’t mean use the entire 3.5” just that it was able to go that high. Was just trying to get 37s to fit without trimming.

Upgraded shocks or carbon fenders and bedsides are my only other options from what I’m searching and would rather not spend a fortune on hardware other than actual shocks so I’m now searching how much hardware needs to be upgraded to go with upgraded shocks. And how to figure out how much higher the shocks will allow the truck to sit compared to stock?

Bests
Alex

And many thanks to all!

We've done a customers truck with the king OE replacements, at the factory out of the box setting they were providing 4" of lift over stock. We had to lower it quite a bit to match the +3 deavers.

RaptorFlipper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Picking mine up tomorrow. Geisers at 1 and 3/4 in the front, some medium trimming, and nothing in the back. Keep you posted. My mechanic and tire guy say i am good. Add honey badger bumpers on front and back.

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Picking mine up tomorrow. Geisers at 1 and 3/4 in the front, some medium trimming, and nothing in the back. Keep you posted. My mechanic and tire guy say i am good. Add honey badger bumpers on front and back.

You only saw a 1 3/4" difference after your Geiser springs?

Is your front sitting higher than the factory rear?

OP
OP
A

Alford78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We've done a customers truck with the king OE replacements, at the factory out of the box setting they were providing 4" of lift over stock. We had to lower it quite a bit to match the +3 deavers.

So I can just get the front and rear Kings 3.0 and deavers and that will fit 37s? What about spindles, control arms, and other hardware? Will they work set higher than stock just fine so I can upgrade hardware at a later time or will I need to replace some hardware?

Thanks for the input!

Bests
Alex

Clockton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I can just get the front and rear Kings 3.0 and deavers and that will fit 37s? What about spindles, control arms, and other hardware? Will they work set higher than stock just fine so I can upgrade hardware at a later time or will I need to replace some hardware?

Thanks for the input!

Bests
Alex

I have Kings, Rouge HEIM UCAs, 37 KO2s and Deavers and am very happy with the setup. Its a great first step and you don't need anything else to pound away in the desert. Call SVC and let them help. They are great

76881810-IMG_0363.jpg

Last edited:

Nimrod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have Geiser front springs and Deaver plus 2 rear springs which is the same as stock Height in the back with Method 17” rims and 37” BFG tires. I have zero rubbing on my gen 2 and the rear sits a very tiny bit lower. It’s very hard to notice unless you’re really looking for it.