37” tire suspension help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Alford78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello all. New owner here and have been reading the forum over the past week and after searching for the best way to run 37s I’m just as confused as I was after the first day of searching on here.

My truck will be used 80% on road and 20% on mild trails with some swamp/mud holes. No sand within thousand miles but do like the look of prerunner mods. I’ll be going with a relocated IC and a good CAI for sure. Will add a catch can and AEM ****/water kit along with injectors if needed but hope to eventually have a flex fuel system. Will also go with some down pipes and adapters if need be. Leaning heavily towards cut front bumper and nice rear bumper topped off with COBB tune once they roll it out. So I think I’ve got all the power and appearance mods covered other than the best way to fit 37s without cutting liners/welds etc....

What is the best way to fit 37s on our trucks without throwing a ton of money into the setup? I don’t mind heating the fender liners and massaging them a little but don’t really want to cut anything that will make it nasty looking like I’ve done in the past on my previous trucks. This truck is just too nice to hack up IMO.

I’ve read about custom fender liners but I don’t have any knowledge at all about how they work, are fitted, applied, etc.. So I guess that could be an option I’m just not familiar with which would allow more cutting than I’m thinking...I just don’t know so any links would be great if that is a needed option.

I’ve read that deavers are a most no matter what so they are on the list along with a king 2.5” bump mounted to the SVC ABS bumpkit for flexibility. Giesers are also mentioned a lot but just seems like they don’t raise it enough.

So that’s where I’m stuck. So many different opinions and setups with different offset wheels jumble up my search results. I honestly like both factory wheels as long as they are black which powder coating can take care of easily enough but if need a different offset that is fine as long as I know which offset to get.

So please help a first Raptor owner out in understanding how to get 37s on the proper way if possible?!? If have to go with fenders and bedsides I would use carbon for sure but would need to know for sure they are a proper fit unlike cheap glass sets. I just don’t know anyone where I live that I trust with glass since I’ve only lived here a few years (Southwestern KY about equal distance to Nashville TN, Louisville KY, Memphis TN).

Thanks all!
Alex

OP
OP
A

Alford78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Test pic

Attachments

• C351B6F6-3964-4FF6-ABAB-26352EFE82C4.jpg
    C351B6F6-3964-4FF6-ABAB-26352EFE82C4.jpg
    130 KB · Views: 86

Jake17

★ REBEL LIFE ★
Reaction score

Attachments

• G2 LEFT.jpg
    G2 LEFT.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 68
  • G2RIGHT.jpg
    G2RIGHT.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
First off, ignore anything Jake17 posts as he is a little off... :crazy:

There are lots of threads explaining what need to be done to run 37s, but the trimming depends on the wheels/tires you choose. I am running 37x12.5 Toyo RTs with 17x8.5" Fuel Trophys that have +6 offset. Factory wheels are the same width with +34 offset, so mine stick out about an inch further. (The lower the offset, the more they stick out on the same width rim)

Geisers will raise your truck higher than level in front to about 2.5" to 3". I did not want mine to sit higher in the front, so I went with Deaver +3s in the back. Deaver +2s are factory height because you remove the 2" block under the leafs when installing. Deaver +3s are 1" higher than factory.

The amount of trimming you will have to do is based on the final tire height and wheel width/offset you choose. Some 37s are bigger than others or have more aggressive tread designs, etc. I had to trim a 1-2" square of the plastic fender inner liner on both sides to avoid rubbing at full lock with the Geisers.

I have a 3/4" back to front rake, which I think is the perfect stance.

Attachments

• Raptor 2018 R.jpg
    Raptor 2018 R.jpg
    122.5 KB · Views: 120
  • Raptor 2018 RF3.jpg
    Raptor 2018 RF3.jpg
    135.2 KB · Views: 117

cao0215

Full Access Member
Reaction score

There are lots of threads explaining what need to be done to run 37s, but the trimming depends on the wheels/tires you choose. I am running 37x12.5 Toyo RTs with 17x8.5" Fuel Trophys that have +6 offset. Factory wheels are the same width with +34 offset, so mine stick out about an inch further. (The lower the offset, the more they stick out on the same width rim)

Geisers will raise your truck higher than level in front to about 2.5" to 3". I did not want mine to sit higher in the front, so I went with Deaver +3s in the back. Deaver +2s are factory height because you remove the 2" block under the leafs when installing. Deaver +3s are 1" higher than factory.

The amount of trimming you will have to do is based on the final tire height and wheel width/offset you choose. Some 37s are bigger than others or have more aggressive tread designs, etc. I had to trim a 1-2" square of the plastic fender inner liner on both sides to avoid rubbing at full lock with the Geisers.

So i m with ford beadlock wheels, use same as yours 37*12.5*17? i m looking the same tire as yours, and need trim some when i m doing on mine? Also, wats the MPT NGAUGE change for custom tire about Axle ratio and tire height?

OP
OP
A

Alford78

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Yea I love the way your truck looks. I’ve read your thread.

Can you take a pic of what you’ve trimmed please? And that small of trimming will still allow you to be fine off road with compression?

I just want to do this right the first time and don’t see any others getting a higher stance by using other products than the Geisers or perches. Is there any other way to get more clearance? Like with a different shock or spring?

Bests
Alex

OP
OP
A

Alford78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Will adding the RPG Adjustable Perch Collar 3.5” max height with Geisers provide a higher front end? Is this an option?

Bests
Alex

xrocket21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Will adding the RPG Adjustable Perch Collar 3.5” max height with Geisers provide a higher front end? Is this an option?

Bests
Alex

that's gonna be tooooo much lift Im thinkin. That would be like 6.5" of additional preload..... You would have jack squat for droop travel as well