37’s on Gen 2...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kirk Heppler

Reaction score
I know this questions been asked a million times, but looking for someone who has done the same mods as myself and has 37’s. Got a 17’ Raptor with 2.5” Eibachs up front, and going to do Deaver +3’s in the rear. Truck has a bunch of additional aftermarket engine and cosmetic mods as well. Power won’t be the issue. I’m getting a lot of mixed messaging as far as clearance goes with 37’s. Wanting 17” Method wheels w/ zero offset on BFG Ko2’s... I’m down to do a little trimming, but not trying to go over the top with it. Any advice is appreciated, thank you!

bruiser

Full Access Member
Reaction score
offset has a huge factor for most, i run 37 KM3's (gen 1) on just mid perch and pinch welds done. also on the Gen 2 most don't want to do pinch welds cause they are aluminum and really easy to mess up.

but with your mods you should be fine.

King Paul II

Reaction score
I have 37s with 0 offset wheels. I had to trim some on the front just behind the front tire but not much. I’ll upload pics. I didn’t do anything to the back.

89970B66-E0B2-4D5C-9F0F-78A74800D5E4.jpeg

819755D5-69BE-42E8-8E2C-AD520C10E7C3.jpeg

6E97ACCA-564C-4B02-A9C0-C208A7AA7021.jpeg

B7C174B4-6F75-49DD-B231-5C5E8CC46FA6.jpeg

7ABD81C2-84B8-41AD-94FA-2C2CC862AC55.jpeg

OP
OP
Kirk Heppler

Kirk Heppler

Reaction score
I have 37s with 0 offset wheels. I had to trim some on the front just behind the front tire but not much. I’ll upload pics. I didn’t do anything to the back.

View attachment 157985

View attachment 157986

View attachment 157987

View attachment 157988

View attachment 157989

That doesn’t look like to much work at all tbh. Did you have to deal with the pinch welds or do anything to the inner-upper part of the fender? Do you go hard off road? Truck looks great, exactly what I’m going for.

King Paul II

Reaction score
That doesn’t look like to much work at all tbh. Did you have to deal with the pinch welds or do anything to the inner-upper part of the fender? Do you go hard off road? Truck looks great, exactly what I’m going for.

I don’t do any hard off-roading. If I were to jump it and bottom out Id probably do some damage to the fender flares because the tire do stick out now because of the 0 offset. As far as trimming. You can see where the rivets are I went as close as I could to those. I didn’t want to hack the crap out of it. I’ve seen some Really bad jobs. Some of the trimming was metal and some
Was fiberglass. I also trimmed that before I trimmed the liner. I didn’t take as much off the liner I heated it up with a heat gun and then folded it in to the fender so it looked better and held in place better I attached another pic where you can see the liner folded into the fender. I didn’t trim anywhere else but you see in the pictures. I have gone over some whoops at a high speed but I didn’t buy this truck to jump and beat the crap out of it. I use it on the beach in Mexico and the mountains in AZ. I’ve never had it rub. I did trim it twice I trimmed some before the tires were put on then did some final trimming after they were on. But I didn’t take more off them I had to. Also a pic on how far the tires stick out now

9F70D020-B9E1-4B7D-A0F4-B6467A81A4A3.jpeg

824E3AEC-25A2-417D-93E8-33F5B0FFEEEF.jpeg

OP
OP
Kirk Heppler

Kirk Heppler

Reaction score
I don’t do any hard off-roading. If I were to jump it and bottom out Id probably do some damage to the fender flares because the tire do stick out now because of the 0 offset. As far as trimming. You can see where the rivets are I went as close as I could to those. I didn’t want to hack the crap out of it. I’ve seen some Really bad jobs. Some of the trimming was metal and some
Was fiberglass. I also trimmed that before I trimmed the liner. I didn’t take as much off the liner I heated it up with a heat gun and then folded it in to the fender so it looked better and held in place better I attached another pic where you can see the liner folded into the fender. I didn’t trim anywhere else but you see in the pictures. I have gone over some whoops at a high speed but I didn’t buy this truck to jump and beat the crap out of it. I use it on the beach in Mexico and the mountains in AZ. I’ve never had it rub. I did trim it twice I trimmed some before the tires were put on then did some final trimming after they were on. But I didn’t take more off them I had to. Also a pic on how far the tires stick out now

View attachment 158010

View attachment 158011

thanks for all the pics, definitely super helpful! I’m putting BFG Ko2’s on and I guess the run a little smaller. Like 36.4 in reality. Hopefully this means I’ll have to do very little trimming as well. New fenders aren’t out of the question, either. They’re not horribly expensive for fiberglass ones. Did you lift the rear up at all with Deavers or Icons by chance? Or is it stock height?

OP
OP
Kirk Heppler

Kirk Heppler

Reaction score

View attachment 158010

View attachment 158011

View attachment 158010

View attachment 158011

This is from some pretty bad rubbing from going super hard at the dunes. Granted I was running stock shocks with 1” risers, 35” toyo RT’s on -24 offset wheels that were 10”s wide...

89E0E29F-D64E-4B99-9041-512DD199EDAD.jpeg

King Paul II

Reaction score
thanks for all the pics, definitely super helpful! I’m putting BFG Ko2’s on and I guess the run a little smaller. Like 36.4 in reality. Hopefully this means I’ll have to do very little trimming as well. New fenders aren’t out of the question, either. They’re not horribly expensive for fiberglass ones. Did you lift the rear up at all with Deavers or Icons by chance? Or is it stock height?[/QUOTE

It’s stock I didn’t lift it at all.

OP
OP
Kirk Heppler

Kirk Heppler

Reaction score
Ended up sticking with 35’s.‍♂️ Truck rides 100% better than the ****** 20” wheels with -24 offset it came with. Whoever installed those must have been high.

56D2C9A4-5890-4918-9747-A19FFD28DA8A.jpeg