GEN 1 37’s: Fiberwerx alone get you there?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rosshh

Reaction score
I have the SDHQ +2 fenders on my gen 1 and am more than the fit and look. I have 37's with no issues.

ogdobber

FRF Addict
Reaction score
with stock fenders you have to run stock wheel offset to not rub with 37's...but you will still rub the stock fender liner...my stock fender liner would bend after driving 80+ for a coupe hundred miles and i would rub with 35's! not a bid deal but i cannot stand any sort of rub.
Pinch welds are easy and good insurance. If you run spacers, a 0 offset (or more) doing this is essential.
i just got done installing boatec +2s and it is a pita. I've done a lot of fiberglass fitting in the past and you just have to accept it will never be perfect, once you are done though they come on and off like a breeze which can make other sorts of things easier i guess.
Just for a test I tried -38mm offset (yes thats wide!) and had zero rubbing so ill be suprised if i ever rub at all with 0s that i run...

PorterW1111

FRF Addict
Reaction score
There are two different topics when it comes to running 37s rubbing the fender and rubbing the firewall... new fiberglass will eliminate rubbing on the fender but it does nothing to help rubbing on the firewall during compression.

If you are wanting more capability off road you need to increase the distance between firewall and tire. This is done through mid perch, different springs, wheel offset, caster... You can run 37s on stock fenders with very minimal trimming depending on wheel offset if you do the above.

I can promise you it will be less work to trim stock fenders than installing new ones. No glass is going to be a perfect direct bolt on. Advanced fiberglass(not sure about the others) do not drill any of the mount holes. You do it all. Then also the body work and pint that goes after.

my opinion if your not pushing the wheel out via longer suspension, whee offset or spacer, then the +2 fenders can look odd as they stick out too far.

Long story short you can run 37s with very little mods. It’s not hard it’s been done a ton. Good offset, slight trimming and go to mid perch. Done

OP
OP
MFNG

MFNG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are two different topics when it comes to running 37s rubbing the fender and rubbing the firewall... new fiberglass will eliminate rubbing on the fender but it does nothing to help rubbing on the firewall during compression.

If you are wanting more capability off road you need to increase the distance between firewall and tire. This is done through mid perch, different springs, wheel offset, caster... You can run 37s on stock fenders with very minimal trimming depending on wheel offset if you do the above.

I can promise you it will be less work to trim stock fenders than installing new ones. No glass is going to be a perfect direct bolt on. Advanced fiberglass(not sure about the others) do not drill any of the mount holes. You do it all. Then also the body work and pint that goes after.

my opinion if your not pushing the wheel out via longer suspension, whee offset or spacer, then the +2 fenders can look odd as they stick out too far.

Long story short you can run 37s with very little mods. It’s not hard it’s been done a ton. Good offset, slight trimming and go to mid perch. Done

I am on mid perch currently. What offset is needed for all stock with minimal trimming?

TurboTim

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The stock wheels are most ideal offset for running 37s. In this photo, the way the wheel is turned is where you'll have issues with the firewall on more offset wheels. With my stock wheels it clears fine. fd623d299cbe70146534d45ea4c14b6f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Canuck714

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Will the 2.5 Fiberwerx get you there alone on the Gen 1?

Looking for more after taking it hard off-road for the first time. What’s the best way to get more without spending 30k right away?

Looking to make this a Mid/Long travel project long term but looking for a little more for the next adventure.

Thanks

You are looking for more what??
Are you saying you are rubbing on the stock wheel/tire combo? What are you running for a shock package up front?

Im on a BFG 37 on Method NV's with a Fox 3.0 with DSC. I pounded my pich seam down right at the back of the wheel well and have not had any issues. I can see rub marks where the flare and liner meet up at the top in the wheel well, but nothing I deem worrisome. I have 20,000 hard offroad miles like this.
The only issue I could see is if the wheels are fully turned and you are fully stuffed. I dont plan to put myself in that situation, as that most likely is a F@(k-up on the drivers part.

37's on a stock wheel at Mid Perch is doable BTW

Last edited:

NotStock

Reaction score
My combo is Fiberwerx + Fox 3.0 + flattened pinch weld + 0 offset wheels + 37 Baja Boss tires. No rubbing. Not sure if that helps, but its some info for you.