35s vs 37s vs 20” aftermarket rims

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Superfly_fly

Reaction score
Hello,

I am a perspective 22/23 Raptor owner. This is my first post - so welcome me.

The post is regarding suspension.
I have read/watched all the material regarding Gen 3 raptor. My question is this….

With the 37 package, the shocks are tuned to handle the extra load. I’m guessing 10lbs/corner. I’m planning to install 20” rims (see picture) with either 35 or 37” tires. However, if the aftermarket forged rim and tire combo weigh less than the factory 37 setup, I would think that the suspension becomes “stiffer” in all modes. Mainly because there is less mass to move, so the compression is reacting faster, and the ride becomes stiffer/more jarring.

Has anyone noticed what I am talking about or am I overthinking it?2784F7C6-61F1-4CCD-855B-10938BC7897E.jpeg

NASSTY

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The tires would make the ride stiffer. By moving up to 20"s most likely you will be going from Load Range C to Load Range E.

Tyler725

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The only thing I noticed was the weight difference on Fuels & Toyos over BFS & Factorys. I swapped to Vossens (8 pounds lighter then fuels) and I feel like I notice a difference but it could just be a metnal thing.