35 VS. 37 = SUPPLY AND DEMAND.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LuckyKnuckle36

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
Full send on the BAJA expedition no issues for 37"s on a stock 35" 800A Gen3, 1.5" collars and ICON rebound pro's 17 x 8.5 +6offset. Claims he doesnt think you even need the collars. You get the added travel as well...

ironpeddler

Reaction score
i know my dealer so am not worried. the only differences on these trucks is 1/8th inch diameter of the shock-otherwise the trucks are identical-35 package gives you more travel actually. Given the nature of that part and its usable life before having to rebuilt or replaced, it is not a concern. Having owned and driven nothing but a raptor every day since 2013, I am fully informed and comfortable with my decision. It is not like they have a position with any engine issues or anything else because I changed tires. You certainly have risk with a tune if you have engine issues not if you put on different tires.
Does the shock actually have more travel over a 37 shock or they both have the same travel and it is just the smaller tires give you extra travel? I honestly do not know but if the shocks have the same travel and it is just the tire size that it making it seem like it has more travel wouldn't it be more beneficial to get the thicker shock? And then you can put 35's on a 37 truck if you need the extra travel.

Kojack19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does the shock actually have more travel over a 37 shock or they both have the same travel and it is just the smaller tires give you extra travel? I honestly do not know but if the shocks have the same travel and it is just the tire size that it making it seem like it has more travel wouldn't it be more beneficial to get the thicker shock? And then you can put 35's on a 37 truck if you need the extra travel.
Tradeoffs with both shocks. 35 does have 1 inch more travel. 37 has preload which reduces travel but is slightly beefier. I dont think one is better than the other-just different tradeoffs. Both Gen 3 options are great. 37 is super turn key if that is what you want. 35 is great as well especially if you are looking to make some mods anyway. It is really going to be cool to see what Fox, RPG and SVC and the rest of the aftermarket world to make these trucks even better.

Will be interesting if I even stay with the 37s on this truck. I like it so far but there are performance tradeoffs as well. Sadly even running Load C BFG 37s, the truck is a bit slower and def eats more gas! Def better is certain off-road situations though. Got 30-40k miles to figure it out though. Hope this was helpful.

Grayson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered a base model because that's what I wanted.

If I had a premium elite package like you then I could have a detail guy and be a big silly goose too!

catinthehat85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry can’t help myself but there’s too much misinformation here. Ill be referring to each trim as 35 or 37, respectively.

1. Preload does not reduce travel.
2. The wheel size does not directly affect travel. I.e putting 35 inch tires on a 37 truck does not increase travel.

3. There are four main differences with the front shocks:

First - 37s have thicker shafts so they can take harder hits. The simple fact is 37s are designed to take harder landing forces than a 35 period. Front shock shafts have been a known weakness. Does that mean 37s can survive higher jumps than a 35 or is it compensating for the shorter available travel to survive the impact? I don’t know I’m not a Ford or Fox engineer but I guarantee someone put a good deal of thought into it.

Second - 37s have slightly increased preload which increases front ride height, stiffens spring response at low/moderate articulation (most likely because the 37 tire can take on some of the ride smoothing work a 35 tire can’t).

Third - 37s have different valving tuning to accommodate a different range of wheel travel as well as better handle harder initial impacts than a 35.

Fourth - Last but not least! 37s have less travel than a 35 because of the taller bump stop design. As has been repeated several times, one inch less travel than a 35 to save the fenders. Being a factory design i am sure there is a margin of error factored on top of that. Can you imagine the embarrassment Ford would have if they sold a stock off road truck than caused fender damage to 5%-10% of the trucks sold? Thousands and thousands of complaints, buy backs, and permanently ruined reputation. An additional margin of error is a small price to pay. I am happy to live with that margin myself and will leave factory design as is.

WKUSMC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@ME120 , i still got my despoit on 2022 35, You noted 3 dealers that will sell you MSRP, if you dont' mind, can you send them or list it. I'm ready to buy one now. thx
Ill buy two lets do a 3 way call with the dealer! It is BS. I sold my 21 to my brother and ordered a 22 with 37’s 4500 adm from Tx.No dealer is selling any at msrp now.

OP
OP
M

ME120

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ill buy two lets do a 3 way call with the dealer! It is BS. I sold my 21 to my brother and ordered a 22 with 37’s 4500 adm from Tx.No dealer is selling any at msrp now.
You are a typical idiot. I have a gt 350 r, gt 500 cftp, and a ford raptor 35’s , all at msrp. Again, you are a typical idiot.

WKUSMC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You are a typical idiot. I have a gt 350 r, gt 500 cftp, and a ford raptor 35’s , all at msrp. Again, you are a typical idiot.
Yes sir an idiot retired USMC that would put his Flight Issued Steel toe boot up your arse. I never insulted you with name calling or insults who cares what you own little Big Man. I own two homes in OC and could afford a real GT Ford. So please have a cup
of ****

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
Yes sir an idiot retired USMC that would put his Flight Issued Steel toe boot up your arse. I never insulted you with name calling or insults who cares what you own little Big Man. I own two homes in OC and could afford a real GT Ford. So please have a cup
of ****

He's a troll. Just FYI. I would however like to see the reckoning!

OP
OP
M

ME120

Full Access Member
Reaction score
of ****
As I said, not only a idiot, but a total blow hard. Maybe I should send you a post card with a ford gt , that’s about as close as you will ever get.