35 VS. 37 = SUPPLY AND DEMAND.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ME120

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After speaking with various ford dealerships, one thing is really resonating. There appears to be a high demand for raptors with 37 performance packages and very little demand for raptors with 35 packages. Some dealers are saying that they are not getting allocations from ford for 37 raptors , even though they know they will eventually get allocations ford will not commit to how many and when, while others are saying that they have 35's on the lot or they can get 35 allocations but most customers don't want a 35 raptor and are not interested. What I see coming is a lack of demand for the 35 raptor and a over demand for the 37 raptor. Basically the 35 raptor has turned into the base model POS raptor that nobody wants, what does this mean ? 35 raptors will be over produced and dealers will not be able to give them away, which means if a smart buyer is patient and does not mind a raptor that is going to depreciate heavily because of over supply and lack of interest, there will be some great deals on 35 raptors by June or July, just like what happened to the 2019-2020 gen. 2 raptor just before covid hit. Remember before covid, 2019-2020 raptors where selling for 6-8,000.00 dollars under msrp. In my opinion the smart move is to wait for the 35's to drop in price, which they will, or try to buy a 37 package for no more than MSRP. I have a opportunity to buy a 35 package now at MSRP or a 37 package at msrp. The problem with the 37 package is ford will not give the dealer a allocation or when the allocation will be. So I will probably just wait for the demand to plummet on 35's and save myself $ 5000.00 to $ 8000.00 on MSRP.

It's to bad the 35 raptor has turned out to be the base model POS raptor that nobody wants or cares about.

4wheelinAZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After speaking with various ford dealerships, one thing is really resonating. There appears to be a high demand for raptors with 37 performance packages and very little demand for raptors with 35 packages. Some dealers are saying that they are not getting allocations from ford for 37 raptors , even though they know they will eventually get allocations ford will not commit to how many and when, while others are saying that they have 35's on the lot or they can get 35 allocations but most customers don't want a 35 raptor and are not interested. What I see coming is a lack of demand for the 35 raptor and a over demand for the 37 raptor. Basically the 35 raptor has turned into the base model POS raptor that nobody wants, what does this mean ? 35 raptors will be over produced and dealers will not be able to give them away, which means if a smart buyer is patient and does not mind a raptor that is going to depreciate heavily because of over supply and lack of interest, there will be some great deals on 35 raptors by June or July, just like what happened to the 2019-2020 gen. 2 raptor just before covid hit. Remember before covid, 2019-2020 raptors where selling for 6-8,000.00 dollars under msrp. In my opinion the smart move is to wait for the 35's to drop in price, which they will, or try to buy a 37 package for no more than MSRP. I have a opportunity to buy a 35 package now at MSRP or a 37 package at msrp. The problem with the 37 package is ford will not give the dealer a allocation or when the allocation will be. So I will probably just wait for the demand to plummet on 35's and save myself $ 5000.00 to $ 8000.00 on MSRP.

It's to bad the 35 raptor has turned out to be the base model POS raptor that nobody wants or cares about.
This one is easy. Ford is just simply not making as many 37s due to supply chain. But to say there’s no demand for 35s is just plain wrong. I can’t even find a 35 with AdM right now. I have a 37 for MSRP but just not sure when it gets built.

OP
OP
M

ME120

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This one is easy. Ford is just simply not making as many 37s due to supply chain. But to say there’s no demand for 35s is just plain wrong. I can’t even find a 35 with AdM right now. I have a 37 for MSRP but just not sure when it gets built.
Same here. But I can give you at least 3 dealerships that I know of that will sell 35's for MSRP. The demand is low for 35's. Try to even find a review on a 35 package raptor. there are not many because nobody cares about them, everybody wants the " 37 package to boast their ego " .

aileron

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't buy it.

Post-COVID, people are doing more outdoor activities, and many wealthy people are commuting less. Thus, easier to justify a Raptor as a daily driver. I don't see big discounts for quite a while.

Also, don't forget about inflation, and about the resale value of whatever vehicle you have now. I considered waiting to get a 35 at MSRP*. But by that point, resale on my 2019 Raptor would also drop. And, who knows if Ford will be forced to raise the MSRP in the face of 7% annual inflation. Financing rates might be higher as interest rates go up, etc. Yes, you will probably save money by waiting a bit, but maybe not as much as you think.

* probably never in CA, but I was on the list for a few dealers far out of state. Even that is not automatically a savings due to shipping / travel costs, etc.

Last edited:

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I would say ... maybe. But I don't see 35s selling below MSRP for at least a year, maybe two. Demand far exceeds supply to the point where California dealers are buying out of state above MSRP to sell even higher in Cali. Since Ford has cut production of the 37 to zero for the foreseeable future, any demand is too high. Another thing to be aware of when you find a dealer willing to order you a 35 at MSRP is that it might be a bait and switch. If you don't have a signed deal, the dealer can raise the price when it arrives. You aren't willing to pay? The dealer has a truck to sell that he couldn't have gotten if a customer had not ordered it.

OP
OP
M

ME120

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would say ... maybe. But I don't see 35s selling below MSRP for at least a year, maybe two. Demand far exceeds supply to the point where California dealers are buying out of state above MSRP to sell even higher in Cali. Since Ford has cut production of the 37 to zero for the foreseeable future, any demand is too high. Another thing to be aware of when you find a dealer willing to order you a 35 at MSRP is that it might be a bait and switch. If you don't have a signed deal, the dealer can raise the price when it arrives. You aren't willing to pay? The dealer has a truck to sell that he couldn't have gotten if a customer had not ordered it.
good point.

coreytime

Reaction score
I can’t believe what I just read. Please go find me three dealers who have a 35 in stock and will sell for msrp. I bet you’ll have trouble finding one. As someone else said, sure alot will let you order one and who knows what you’ll end up paying. There won’t be great deals on 35 in June or July. Ford’s CEO has already came out and said he expect chip shortage to go into 2023. Not to mention, in a normal year there are rarely great deals on raptors.

This post screams to me of someone who wants something and is holding out hope of the improbable.

Antimatter

Reaction score
I don’t disagree that 37” package trucks are more desirable. I fully disagree about 35” trucks being considered a base model or not desirable. You won’t find a 35” setting on a dealers lot period unless there is a ridiculous ADM tacked on.

Reaction score
My dealership just got in a 2021 Raptor in code orange with the 37 Performance Package. It's a BEAST but honestly the sticker kit has #37 on both rear fenders, looks lame. Why Ford WHY????? It will sell over MSRP. I still get calls for non 37 packages.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    254.1 KB · Views: 420
  • 271417517_10221041228724298_2186920410879251809_n.jpg
    271417517_10221041228724298_2186920410879251809_n.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 411

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arizona Free