35 vs 37 street feel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NYC Raptor

Reaction score
Alright so making my final decision on going 35 or 37. Is there a significant decrease in miles per gallon day to day? Doing zero off roading and mostly city/highway driving. Will be driving about 30 miles each day to and from work.

Also, how much slower acceleration wise is a 37 over a 35? I want it to at least take off and handle decently. Is it a lot more “tippy” feeling? I drive all my cars and trucks hard. If there isn’t much difference in mpg and performance, would rather go the 37 route based on the looks.

awd5906

Reaction score
Can I ask what car you’re coming from or what car you’ve been driving? Reason I ask is that I have always driven sports cars and ‘sporty’ SUVS before I ordered a 35 and a 37. Both arrived within weeks of each other and I went with the 35, id be happy to share my reasoning.

cdodgela

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Went from Gen2 to 37pp, would do it again. Computer shows I get a little less miles to the tank, a little under 500 full where before it was a little over. Typically I drive a mix of highway on the weekends and city during the week, not too aggressive driving. I average around 50 miles a day. My first Gen2 was at the end of '17, have done minimal offroading, would like to do alot more but South Louisiana doesn't have much for offroading nearby. I feel like the power is comparable, surprisingly the tires actually make a little noise when punching it straight line, which was rare on my Gen 2s. No matter the performance benefits and deficiencies, just the appearance of the 37's does it for me.

pnwobrigade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had both, started with 35's went to 37's like many. Looks are substantially better but you give up steering response, transmission response (gearing), acceleration, and overall sporty feel of the truck goes down a notch along with ~1-2mpg decrease in most situations. It's not huge but there, so if you want the best and sportiest feeling stick with 35's. If you want a mix of both and much better looks/presence the 37's are the ticket.