35 vs 37 street feel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mobiia

Reaction score
Had both, started with 35's went to 37's like many. Looks are substantially better but you give up steering response, transmission response (gearing), acceleration, and overall sporty feel of the truck goes down a notch along with ~1-2mpg decrease in most situations. It's not huge but there, so if you want the best and sportiest feeling stick with 35's. If you want a mix of both and much better looks/presence the 37's are the ticket.

Same experience here, well said. Went back to 35s in the end, but man, really love the 37 look.

So-Cal-Al-52

I Love Fossil Fuel
Reaction score
I am finally getting about 12.5-13.5 on my 37, early on it was about 9. At the end of the day I am glad but I wouldn't change anything even if it goes back down to 9. As they say....Smiles per gallon.

Chazzersgarage

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To be honest, my new Gen 3 37 feels pretty much the same as my Gen 2 when I'm just driving around. The gas mileage is pretty much the same. The display says 16.5 mpg in town. I don't push the truck very hard in normal driving. I do run it fairly hard on unpaved and fire roads. Off pavement at higher speeds the Gen 3 37 feels more stable and controllable than my 2018 Gen 2.

Last edited:

pnwobrigade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same experience here, well said. Went back to 35s in the end, but man, really love the 37 look.
Yea, that's the quandary I'm in. Frankly, I'd go back to a true 35 in a heart beat BUT I don't really want to run an E rated tire. The C rated versions for whatever reason in the two tires I'd consider (Falken AT3W or Toyo AT3) are only rated to 35psi.

tm965

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea, that's the quandary I'm in. Frankly, I'd go back to a true 35 in a heart beat BUT I don't really want to run an E rated tire. The C rated versions for whatever reason in the two tires I'd consider (Falken AT3W or Toyo AT3) are only rated to 35psi.
thats surprising to say the least

ToadSmasher2K1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Urban 37 driver here. I find 37” tires help me when I curb-check trying to turn into the Starbucks drive-thru. 37’s hop the curb with no problem (other than disturbing facial expressions from the Tesla and Prius drivers in line,) 35’s were much more noticeable.

Last edited:

Nohowtoplz

Reaction score
Age may play a small part in a decision. I’m 66 and my 35 fits my lifestyle perfectly. I love the look and stance of a 37. Just not practical for me. If I was 30 years younger I’d pick a 37 over a 35 in a heartbeat.