35 VS 37 Resale.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BC119

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Raptors didn't have great resale until late '20. They were just high MSRP trucks that no one put miles on so they were always priced higher, but they won't stay investment opportunities forever. Buy the truck you want and drive the hell out of it. Consumable depreciating assets becoming investment opportunities is not a great outlook for the economy.

Edit: Whoops, just read the second post. Please ignore the above. Its anyone's guess but a guy settling for a V6 Gen 3 will probably want a loaded 35, and save on fuel economy and wear and tear from the 37s. The guys that spring for 37s will probably end up in an R when they drop, flooding the market with '80s Lincoln blue interiors and 36.5" tires. Just my opinion, not financial advice lol.

Last edited:

cheek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
While I do appreciate the replies I’m not looking for financial advice. I own a construction company that does well and utilize the tax write off from vehicles.
Also I always do an “In And Out” where I have a buyer lined up for for my truck then the dealer gives me that price on trade in and the new buyer just buys it right from the dealer. So taxes will be very minimal on the new one. Also my loaded 2020 leadfoot that I got new for $5,000 under sticker only has 8K miles and is worth more than I paid.
I’m just looking for feedback on the 801 A vs 37 package resale is all.
Thanks
Exactly the same thing I do. People say damn how do you get in a new truck every 1 1/2 to 2 years. Lol I don’t get why they even worry about it obviously it works. I spec them to where they bring the most they can and with the Raptors I have always came out on top. So man is definitely go 37’s. Good luck I to am getting a 21 and then turning around an getting a R.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I would definitely not get the blue interior. While some people like it and others are ok with it, there are definitely consumers out there where it's a deal breaker. Very few would avoid the trucks with standard black interior.

ihoffland

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered a 22 with black interior and 37's. I also switch through cars often, and will spring for an R if they can even be had (I'm guessing its going to be a Gt350R situation, impossible to buy and if you can find them, super high ADM's).
That being said, I'm under a purchase agreement for MSRP, no adm, with an allocation. With most dealers marking up $5k for 35s and $10-15k for 37s. The 37 package will most likely be the one to hold the most residual value.

Plus I need a fun truck until I can find a 911 GT3 or GT2... Hard to justify a $150k car until the house is paid off (at least that's what my wife says.)

Txrunner

Reaction score
I have a running theory that the base 800a’s have the best resale as a % of MSRP (not even factoring ADM that’s likely on loaded 801as or 37). This is based on my last 2020 800a that I sold for $7,500 more than I paid new or 14% appreciation.
I sold my base 2020 raptor 800a for $10k over msrp+ttl with 34k miles on it. I can agree.

bigdaddyspank

Reaction score
So I will say this, speculation is just that...Objectively, which means supported by real data, neither NADA nor KBB give an "add" for the 37 package for dealer trade value or cash offer. Most dealers are charging more of an ADM for the 37 package because of lower allocations. They prey on "baller" status..... So whether you agree or not, NADA and KBB are what dealers and banks use to assess a real objective value, not anyone's speculation. The book is the same on the two, and with the 37 being 5K more plus any additional ADMs, you have the potential to lose that compared to the so called 35 "POS" as another person posted. I hate haters.... Anyhoo, looking at the differences which only amount to probably another 1/2" in guy talk, if you know what I mean.... I've had gen 2' and my gen 3", "little guy" will be here at the end of the month... I'm going to "ball out" in it......