35 vs 37 package

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ELmx479

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If 37” tires is your sole reason then just slap some 37s on your current ride & call it good…win win!
Knowing how many stipulations dealers have on those bs lifetime warranty’s the 37’s would void it lol.

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Knowing how many stipulations dealers have on those bs lifetime warranty’s the 37’s would void it lol.
Prolly…if you’re beating the living crap out of your truck. And it just may depend on your dealer. Otherwise, you should be fine.

I’m sure you’ve seen the thread where Mr. Jack+++ broke the tie rods or something to that effect, had it repaired (warranty supposedly), and it was posted for sale not to long afterwards. A CO 37PP truck.

ELmx479

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Prolly…if you’re beating the living crap out of your truck. And it just may depend on your dealer. Otherwise, you should be fine.

I’m sure you’ve seen the thread where Mr. Jack+++ broke the tie rods or something to that effect, had it repaired (warranty supposedly), and it was posted for sale not to long afterwards. A CO 37PP truck.
Yep, but that’s a manufacturer warranty. I was referring to the dealers “lifetime” warranty. There’s a local dealer here that offers it. You must literally follow everything in the manual to a T and it must be performed by said dealer to maintain lifetime warranty.

K9 EXPERT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ha Ha! You've never had one have you? I have a 2022 35" and a 2022 37"pp, and they are definitely different. The 37pp stock, is better off road than the 35" stock. Much softer feeling in the rough stuff, and a bigger foot print aired down. The only places the 35" are better is slightly better acceleration, and corners better on the highway.....From Motor Trend on the difference.......

"Ford's F-150 Raptor has had a unique frame since the inception of the second generation in 2017. Now for 2021, the Raptor has two unique frames one for 35-inch-tire trucks and the other for Raptor 37 models. Why a different frame for the Raptor 37? To manage the forces created by the larger tires, Ford has added reinforcement to areas of the frame such as where the rear jounce bumpers mount. The company also needed to make changes to a rear crossmember and the spare tire winch mounting plate in order to adequately fit a full-size 37-inch spare under the bed. All 2021 Raptors get a uniquely designed trailer hitch, which was needed to clear the 37-inch spare tire.
Even the Fox 3.1-inch internal bypass shocks needed to be reworked to manage the larger 37-inch tires. Front shocks receive an upgraded shaft, moving from 7/8 to 1 inch (which also necessitates the move a quadruple rod seal pack). Damping range from the Live Valve system increases 50 percent over the 35-inch tire models (which is 2.5 times greater than 2020 models). The shocks also have new tuning specific to Raptor 37, a unique foam jounce bumper, and provide -inch of additional lift in the front."

Lastly, my 37pp is 2" taller than my 35". 1" of tire and 1" of stock lift.
I have a 2019 and a 2021 37”, everything you said is spot on. I personally like the 35 better

K9 EXPERT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not tailgate height, the 37 is over 2” taller at the tailgate
If I had it to do over, I would have purchased a 35. I do not off road much, but I like the look of the truck and when compared to my 2019, the 37 sucks at performance and handling on asphalt.

BaseModelRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yep, but that’s a manufacturer warranty. I was referring to the dealers “lifetime” warranty. There’s a local dealer here that offers it. You must literally follow everything in the manual to a T and it must be performed by said dealer to maintain lifetime warranty.
Sorry but who would be dumb enough to agree to something that has a fine print to the fine print? I would never do business with a dealership like that.

Chazzersgarage

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I read through this thread which is a testament to my patience and boredom. I had a 2018 (on 35's) until January 13th when it was stolen. I really liked that truck and I had no want to get a new one. The '18 was my daily ride and for the last 2 years did support duty for my group's motorcycle trips to, dare I say, Baja. I ran a lot of Mexican desert roads and beach with it. Some of it with fairly heavy loads in the bed. Loved it.

Now I'm buying a new Raptor. The good news, my buddy is a dealer. I drove a '23 35, I liked it. I drove a "23 37 and I liked that too. Then I drove my buddy's Raptor R. I really liked that. Fast, comfortable and compliant on the road and an absolute off road beast. It's also "Unobtainium" so back to the world of mere mortals.

Out of all that I found I like the 37PP better. To me the 35 and 37 are about the same on the road. Fire roads and off road I think the 37PP is better for my purposes. I now have a deposit on an incoming '23 37PP. Just my view. Make your own choice.