35 vs 37 package

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BaseModelRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Right, cause smaller tires always worked out better offroad.. and 4:10's are just fine with 37's.. again.. situational.. my jeep has a deep 6 spd gearbox that loves them.. meaning not just the final gear can dictate your, ahem, size limits..

why are you so adamant on 35's being 'better'? Your points are completely situational and not an accurate thing to say when the entire offroad industry has adapted to larger tires. Especially in racing.. which a majority of the time comes to the retail sides of things. It's not cause they 'just look better going down the track'...

Never heard anyone at the end of any run..say, you know what? Im gonna take these off and go with 33's.. I just can't stand making it over all those obstacles.. I would love to hit more of those rocks.. crawling, and especially when I'm going 65.. man.. I'm missing out on so much with all this clearance.... Clarence..
If you read my other posts I say there is a sweet spot. As you said it’s situational and off-roading can mean more than one thing. The Raptor for example would be used differently than a Wrangler. My Jeep was a slug with 3.73s , 35s and the 5 speed Auto. I now have 4.56s and it’s night and day. I also added larger brakes which most people don’t consider when adding rotational mass. I don’t even want to know how many Jeeps are running 37s with stock brakes and axles shafts. Again there’s a sweet spot and for what the Raptor is built for on the street and occasional offroad the 35s are the way to go. We’re not bringing our factory trucks to run some pro course so 37s and above as far as I’m concerned in most situations have zero benefits.

..and that’s all I got to say about that.

Last edited:

catinthehat85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
why are you so adamant on 35's being 'better'? Your points are completely situational and not an accurate thing to say when the entire offroad industry has adapted to larger tires. Especially in racing.. which a majority of the time comes to the retail sides of things. It's not cause they 'just look better going down the track'...
He’s just being a troll, and not a very entertaining one at that.

Turning Blue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m going to settle this once and for all!! 37’s that’s the only way to go! Well unless you like 35’s then do that but you should probably go 37 yeah 37 or maybe 35 yeah do that! Ok 35’s it is you can take that to the bank but only if your rolling on 37’s ok wait 35-37-35-37 ok hope that helped!
You're a mind reader because that's been going through my mind for about 18 months! How do you do that?!?!

JD NYC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey man, your truck and do what’s best for your interest. Don’t listen to the haters full of negative opinions don’t help no one. Bol and enjoy.

FENNEC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've run 37s in my gen 2 for a few years now and they're great. I think 35s are a tad small for these trucks if you're actually using them off road. Since my suspension is going forward one inch now in the front, I'm going to go ahead and move up to 38s.

BaseModelRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
He means that you're acting like a dîck. If he doesn't, I do. Chill out, live and let live, get over it, pop a Xanax, whatever it takes, dude.
So “acting like a ****” is stating things you don’t agree with? I’m perfect chill brah .. I’m not the one calling people ***** for stating facts.

Last edited: