35 vs 37 package

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

srobertslaw

Reaction score
Only you can decide this. Did your Gen 2 suit your needs (do what you needed it to do)? There’s your answer.
Yes. I loved it. If money and location weren’t an issue I’d go for the R35 but the Gen 2 is considerably cheaper rt now. I guess I’ll have to test drive but I am afraid bc initially I was going w Gen 1 but test drove it and wasn’t feeling it. Wasn’t going Raptor at all. Then I test drove the Gen 2 for kicks but ended up buying it same evening. did not Regret it at all and turned out to be one of my favorite vehicles ever but big difference betw 70k n 108.

highway420

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Curious.. as this whole thread just went sideways.. but here it goes anyway..

what do the pros run? trophy trucks and the like.. ones who run the Baja and Vegas circuits.. hmmmm. what size are those tires I wonder..?

or how about the hammers.. hmm.. which has both technical slow and high speeds... hmmm

like I said.. just curious.. although they do not have to deal with garage clearance, some have enclosed trailers to worry about. (just trying to cover both subjects here..lol)

BaseModelRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Curious.. as this whole thread just went sideways.. but here it goes anyway..

what do the pros run? trophy trucks and the like.. ones who run the Baja and Vegas circuits.. hmmmm. what size are those tires I wonder..?

or how about the hammers.. hmm.. which has both technical slow and high speeds... hmmm

like I said.. just curious.. although they do not have to deal with garage clearance, some have enclosed trailers to worry about. (just trying to cover both subjects here..lol)
I’m pretty sure none of the trucks in those races are stock. I’ve read some have over 800hp with 40” tires. There’s a three bears scenario when it comes to tires. The 35’s seem to be just right for the production Raptor.

highway420

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m pretty sure none of the trucks in those races are stock. I’ve read some have over 800hp with 40” tires. There’s a three bears scenario when it comes to tires. The 35’s seem to be just right for the production Raptor.
So why does almost everyone who modifies a raptor put 37s on to go through silt beds and Baja? When geared right either is good has their own advantages

BaseModelRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So why does almost everyone who modifies a raptor put 37s on to go through silt beds and Baja? When geared right either is good has their own advantages
Because they look cool with 37’s.
The stock 4:10s are definitely more geared for the 35s.

itsarap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It appears to me there are more haters of the 37’s than fans. I very much like the look of the 37’s, and after driving one recently, I came away not noticing any difference in acceleration (seat of the pants that is) versus my 35, and a definite difference off road (suspension seems to feel more capable, and smoother…again, seat of the pants)….so I’m now subjectively biased towards the 37, with the exception of cost.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
It appears to me there are more haters of the 37’s than fans. I very much like the look of the 37’s, and after driving one recently, I came away not noticing any difference in acceleration (seat of the pants that is) versus my 35, and a definite difference off road (suspension seems to feel more capable, and smoother…again, seat of the pants)….so I’m now subjectively biased towards the 37, with the exception of cost.
I don't think there are 37 haters, except for that one guy. It's just tough to rationalize spending 6k, or whatever the number is, for mostly the same truck with upsized tires. Half the Raptors I see around have aftermarket wheels and tires anyway.

There have been several sets of 37 stock wheels and tires for sale here and other places. After that, it's just another Raptor. I don't know.

BaseModelRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I don't think there are 37 haters, except for that one guy. It's just tough to rationalize spending 6k, or whatever the number is, for mostly the same truck with upsized tires. Half the Raptors I see around have aftermarket wheels and tires anyway.

There have been several sets of 37 stock wheels and tires for sale here and other places. After that, it's just another Raptor. I don't know.
Speaking for “that one guy” it’s very clear to me he’s not a “hater” and more so a person with a strong opposing position with valid points. There are very few things I hate but a lot of things I can’t find justification for or just plain don’t like. That doesn’t make me a hater. I don’t secretly want someone because I point out reasons why I don’t like it.