35 vs 37 package

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

badclam

Reaction score
There’s zero performance value to the “37 Performance package”. The 37’s negatively impact performance in every category except ground clearance.
Ha Ha! You've never had one have you? I have a 2022 35" and a 2022 37"pp, and they are definitely different. The 37pp stock, is better off road than the 35" stock. Much softer feeling in the rough stuff, and a bigger foot print aired down. The only places the 35" are better is slightly better acceleration, and corners better on the highway.....From Motor Trend on the difference.......

"Ford's F-150 Raptor has had a unique frame since the inception of the second generation in 2017. Now for 2021, the Raptor has two unique frames one for 35-inch-tire trucks and the other for Raptor 37 models. Why a different frame for the Raptor 37? To manage the forces created by the larger tires, Ford has added reinforcement to areas of the frame such as where the rear jounce bumpers mount. The company also needed to make changes to a rear crossmember and the spare tire winch mounting plate in order to adequately fit a full-size 37-inch spare under the bed. All 2021 Raptors get a uniquely designed trailer hitch, which was needed to clear the 37-inch spare tire.
Even the Fox 3.1-inch internal bypass shocks needed to be reworked to manage the larger 37-inch tires. Front shocks receive an upgraded shaft, moving from 7/8 to 1 inch (which also necessitates the move a quadruple rod seal pack). Damping range from the Live Valve system increases 50 percent over the 35-inch tire models (which is 2.5 times greater than 2020 models). The shocks also have new tuning specific to Raptor 37, a unique foam jounce bumper, and provide -inch of additional lift in the front."

Lastly, my 37pp is 2" taller than my 35". 1" of tire and 1" of stock lift.

BaseModelRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Is this your way of saying, “I should’ve gotten the 37 PP”?
Yes because I don’t care about performance and only that people know I drive a Raptor with the largest tires available. I mean…hasn’t everyone always desired 37” PP?

BaseModelRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ha Ha! You've never had one have you? I have a 2022 35" and a 2022 37"pp, and they are definitely different. The 37pp stock, is better off road than the 35" stock. Much softer feeling in the rough stuff, and a bigger foot print aired down. The only places the 35" are better is slightly better acceleration, and corners better on the highway.....From Motor Trend on the difference.......

"Ford's F-150 Raptor has had a unique frame since the inception of the second generation in 2017. Now for 2021, the Raptor has two unique frames one for 35-inch-tire trucks and the other for Raptor 37 models. Why a different frame for the Raptor 37? To manage the forces created by the larger tires, Ford has added reinforcement to areas of the frame such as where the rear jounce bumpers mount. The company also needed to make changes to a rear crossmember and the spare tire winch mounting plate in order to adequately fit a full-size 37-inch spare under the bed. All 2021 Raptors get a uniquely designed trailer hitch, which was needed to clear the 37-inch spare tire.
Even the Fox 3.1-inch internal bypass shocks needed to be reworked to manage the larger 37-inch tires. Front shocks receive an upgraded shaft, moving from 7/8 to 1 inch (which also necessitates the move a quadruple rod seal pack). Damping range from the Live Valve system increases 50 percent over the 35-inch tire models (which is 2.5 times greater than 2020 models). The shocks also have new tuning specific to Raptor 37, a unique foam jounce bumper, and provide -inch of additional lift in the front."
You’re joking right? If you’re going to come In here quoting MotorTrend you obviously have no technical knowledge yourself. Seat of the pants experience between the two wouldn’t be noticeable to most everyday drivers.

Since you like quotes here's one for you.

"With the standard-fit 35-inch tires, Ford says the new Raptor offers 14 inches of suspension travel up front and 15 inches at the rear. Step up to the optional 37s and that travel decreases slightly, down to 13 inches at the front and 14.1 inches in the rear, to stop those big Raptor-specific BFGoodrich All-Terrain T/A KO2s from chewing away at the wheel wells."

100% of the buyers purchasing the 37" package is to tell others they bought the 37" package.
Again it has no added performance value and would most likely have worse results in head to head competition in stock form. Numbers dont lie.
Even with the special frame that was modified to fit the 37" spare.

Raptorbert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You’re joking right? If you’re going to come In here quoting MotorTrend you obviously have no technical knowledge yourself. Seat of the pants experience between the two wouldn’t be noticeable to most everyday drivers.

"With the standard-fit 35-inch tires, Ford says the new Raptor offers 14 inches of suspension travel up front and 15 inches at the rear. Step up to the optional 37s and that travel decreases slightly, down to 13 inches at the front and 14.1 inches in the rear, to stop those big Raptor-specific BFGoodrich All-Terrain T/A KO2s from chewing away at the wheel wells."

100% of the buyers purchasing the 37" package is to tell others they bought the 37" package.
Again it has no added performance value and would most likely have worse results in head to head competition in stock form. Numbers dont lie.
With that frame of thinking though, all jeeps that have larger tires are losing “performance.”

ELmx479

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wanted a 37 for the wheels and resale but dealer only had a 35 allocation. Still no complaints.

gobluejd

HAIL!!!
Reaction score

So I am guessing you could not get a 37PP. LMAO. Who the F&^K cares. I liked the looks better on the 37, wanted the blue recardos and better stance (IMO).