35 vs 37 package

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

G2G3Iconic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Offroad performance may be too broad. How can 1 inch of tire be better then 1 inch of suspension? I’ve heard the 35 is for more baja running. But haven’t really heard proof of had a fair comparison side by side. This would be a great YouTube video opportunity if done properly. It’s pretty brutal how no one actually knows. Ford wants to keep it this way to get an extra 5k for shocks with lesss travel and 2 inches more tire. Probably a huge money maker for them
Had an iconic '21 35 I did a lot of desert running in. Now have a 22 Oxford with 37's. I run a few trails really often to fishing and shooting areas. These are classic desert running trails. My 37 has been faster from point A to B. Its not exponential, but it consistently takes less time in the 37. I have a particular 46 mile run that typically took right at an hour plus or minus 5 minutes in my 35. I am now making that run in 55 minutes plus or minus 3 minutes (smaller sample size of 3 runs for the 37). Pretty similar, but the 37 definitely takes more of the bumps out and feels like I can open it up a bit more. My assesment is that it just gives me a bit more confidence in some of the open spots (70-80mph vs 65-70) than what I was seeing before. Possibly because I have more seat time and am becoming a more competent runner? I can say what exactly, but I know I prefer the 37 off road. I cant really tell a big difference on the pavement (0-60 is irrelevant to me). In normal driving I dont notice a difference. MPG is 1 mile worse.

DFS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To add to the mystery/debate: Ford decided to make 37s standard/required on their flagship Raptor R model — a vehicle they proudly claim is solely optimized for class-leading off-road performance. The fact that they’ve elected to do this, even to the assumed detriment of street performance numbers must mean something. Or does it?
I have no dog in the fight, they are both solid trucks. But the Raptor R is their most expensive/desirable and extreme vehicle in every way. It wouldn't make any sense to put the 35's on it when they have engineered a platform for 37's, especially with the TRX on 35's. Especially as the only factory truck with 37's on the road. I have no input on the performance of 35's or 37's, but the R selection is irrelevant.

Last edited:

FordPerf Addict

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Had an iconic '21 35 I did a lot of desert running in. Now have a 22 Oxford with 37's. I run a few trails really often to fishing and shooting areas. These are classic desert running trails. My 37 has been faster from point A to B. Its not exponential, but it consistently takes less time in the 37. I have a particular 46 mile run that typically took right at an hour plus or minus 5 minutes in my 35. I am now making that run in 55 minutes plus or minus 3 minutes (smaller sample size of 3 runs for the 37). Pretty similar, but the 37 definitely takes more of the bumps out and feels like I can open it up a bit more. My assesment is that it just gives me a bit more confidence in some of the open spots (70-80mph vs 65-70) than what I was seeing before. Possibly because I have more seat time and am becoming a more competent runner? I can say what exactly, but I know I prefer the 37 off road. I cant really tell a big difference on the pavement (0-60 is irrelevant to me). In normal driving I dont notice a difference. MPG is 1 mile worse.
This is the feedback we need! Thank you

Madhouse

Reaction score
I love everything about the 37 package, except the blue seats. I think that would be a deal killer for me if I were trading up.

Then again, I haven't seen them in person, just pics.

RamseyF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I definitely wish I could have gotten 37's. But I'll have to suffer with the mere 35's. lol. problems problems problems. seriously would have liked to have the 37's still happy non the less my 18' didn't have them and I didn't miss them and won't miss them now. kinda

FordPerf Addict

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I love everything about the 37 package, except the blue seats. I think that would be a deal killer for me if I were trading up.

Then again, I haven't seen them in person, just pics.
Luckily that’s not a requirement anymore on 22/23s. But I have recaros in my 19 and they are unbelievable. I love them and wouldn’t want any other seat tbh.

Turning Blue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Let's face it, most of us don't really need a Raptor, but we wanted one. Same goes for the 37PP.

I know some guys on the forum are excellent mechanics, but I'm not. Through the years I've found that performance and mechanical modifications usually result in the need for ongoing adjustments, tinkering, and increased expenses. That's also why I didn't put 37s on any of my previous Raptors.

My humble opinion is to get what you really want and don't worry about whether or not it is/was a sound financial decision. Unfortunately most vehicles purchased in the U.S. for transportation or recreation are not sound financial decisions regardless of how one tries to spin it. One exception may be a base model Prius. Flame on!