35 to 37s on 21/22' Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MQZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seems simple. Ford engineered the truck to fit both a 35" and a 37" tire in the wells based on the stock wheels and tires available overall across those different build packages. The 37 package changed how they fabricate the rear chassis to fit the bigger spare wheel tire within frame that is 37". They most likely contacted fox and received one set of shocks to put on raptor but the set that go with 37" package is dialed in to not flex or compress as easy to not travel as far to avoid unnecessary rubbing and contact. Now if you decide to change the 35 tire/wheel and travel settings on shocks to accommodate a wider tire and/or a wheel that moves out away from stock position they dialed in you may see the bigger wider tire touch things easier even if it doesnt travel as much as the old set-up... may rub under flex depending on use. Certain combinations of wheel/tire, lift, travel specs... changing travel specs may result in continued adjustments to those things to find your spot. One's experience although helpful may be completely subjective to your own depending on use... age of existing suspension, tire pressure, etc. Can rely on someone to tell you how to transition or research and go for it all on your own.

jm77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why are people worried about fitting a 37inch spare on the 35 model? Why not keep the 35 spare and just limp that along until you can get the tire repaired?
Aside from damaging the differential, why would anyone want to put themselves in a position to be “limping” along when out in the middle of nowhere. If you never leave the city with the truck, I guess you can just call a tow truck (but why even drive a off-road truck.) That doesn’t work too well if you actually off-road.

BIZZnice

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Use the search function. Been covered more than a few times. Think only out done by, 'where can I find a Raptor ar MSRP."
Well yeah, but he has a thread on it and others may share his same thought like I do, so even if the OP and I go back and forth on the topic within his thread I'm sure he wouldn't mind....There is plenty of other search options outside of the forum too and with wheel companies that have installed 37s or larger rims on our truck, I would think this forum is where we go to get a voice and check with others. In my searching, I found this thread to ask my question or talk about the topic

BIZZnice

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seems simple. Ford engineered the truck to fit both a 35" and a 37" tire in the wells based on the stock wheels and tires available overall across those different build packages. The 37 package changed how they fabricate the rear chassis to fit the bigger spare wheel tire within frame that is 37". They most likely contacted fox and received one set of shocks to put on raptor but the set that go with 37" package is dialed in to not flex or compress as easy to not travel as far to avoid unnecessary rubbing and contact. Now if you decide to change the 35 tire/wheel and travel settings on shocks to accommodate a wider tire and/or a wheel that moves out away from stock position they dialed in you may see the bigger wider tire touch things easier even if it doesnt travel as much as the old set-up... may rub under flex depending on use. Certain combinations of wheel/tire, lift, travel specs... changing travel specs may result in continued adjustments to those things to find your spot. One's experience although helpful may be completely subjective to your own depending on use... age of existing suspension, tire pressure, etc. Can rely on someone to tell you how to transition or research and go for it all on your own.
I guess my question is just what needs to be done to the 35 suspension then, is it a stiffness setting since it is electronic or changing out the springs themselves, or is it just getting the leveling stops. Is there a way to get the 37 sport tuned suspension on a 35 truck without just going purely to aftermarket parts? I was looking through Ford Performance parts but didn't see anything for the Ford Raptor 37 package, so I don't think there is another part to put on the truck, I think it is a matter of tuning what we already have, how does a 35 owner go about this, I think is a good question to ask.

MQZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess my question is just what needs to be done to the 35 suspension then, is it a stiffness setting since it is electronic or changing out the springs themselves, or is it just getting the leveling stops. Is there a way to get the 37 sport tuned suspension on a 35 truck without just going purely to aftermarket parts? I was looking through Ford Performance parts but didn't see anything for the Ford Raptor 37 package, so I don't think there is another part to put on the truck, I think it is a matter of tuning what we already have, how does a 35 owner go about this, I think is a good question to ask.
Yes there are differences in the seats, stops, angles with the 37"... but the suspension components are the same and no need to change or add to them unless you want more than what is offered stock or you change your stance with wheels and tires and want to flex more.

The stops are different and the key piece in play between the two and need to be considered if wanting to address the off road capability further when staying stock 35" build but going to a taller tire. The bump stops, housing and bracket length are the difference in the front and rear to limit travel between the stock 35" and stock 37" height with flex.

Raptors with the 37-inch front tires get longer bump stops up front to restrict the front travel to 13 inches. The 35-inch version should have a shorter stop within the coil that enables the full 14 inches of travel.

In the rear the spring seats differ. The metal base of the bump stop housing protrudes downward more on a 37" PP Raptor than it would in a 35-inch Raptor. The angle of some other brackets vary and are shorter to adjust the space for fitting the spare and change travel specs to accompany the different stop or flex back there with bigger tire.

So yes the dynamics of the taller tire alone going on the 35" suspension with those secure points but wanting to flex hard may cause contact.

BIZZnice

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes there are differences in the seats, stops, angles with the 37"... but the suspension components are the same and no need to change or add to them unless you want more than what is offered stock or you change your stance with wheels and tires and want to flex more.

The stops are different and the key piece in play between the two and need to be considered if wanting to address the off road capability further when staying stock 35" build but going to a taller tire. The bump stops, housing and bracket length are the difference in the front and rear to limit travel between the stock 35" and stock 37" height with flex.

Raptors with the 37-inch front tires get longer bump stops up front to restrict the front travel to 13 inches. The 35-inch version should have a shorter stop within the coil that enables the full 14 inches of travel.

In the rear the spring seats differ. The metal base of the bump stop housing protrudes downward more on a 37" PP Raptor than it would in a 35-inch Raptor. The angle of some other brackets vary and are shorter to adjust the space for fitting the spare and change travel specs to accompany the different stop or flex back there with bigger tire.

So yes the dynamics of the taller tire alone going on the 35" suspension with those secure points but wanting to flex hard may cause contact.
Go Cuse! Thanks for the reply this is really helpful, and all seems to be logical and make sense with the larger tires and what they would do suspension wise to accommodate without changing the production components. It does seem like there is more to it than just changing the bumps, it's really like I'd have to fully aftermarket the parts and change up the suspension like any other lift to accommodate the tires. Just seems like more than I want to do early on with my truck so it would be safest to stick to the 35s, not void warranty, lose power, sacrifice fuel economy, etc. Thanks for the good reply!