35" Mastercraft MXT Owners

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Sitdown

Sitdown

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Follow-up..... So far these tires have held up well after a week of abuse out in the harsh west terrain. I do think I see them wearing faster than my Toyos MT ever did, but think the weight savings are worth the offset in longevity. Some of that wear might be attributed to more WOT blasts from street lights the new truck craves, but there will always be trade-offs.

Also to note, these tires do not come with the bead savers tire lip found on the Toyos and few other similar tires. Its an additional piece of rubber at sidewall where the wheel lip meets the bead. This was nice visually, and prob does in fact provide some benefit in protecting the lip. Again another point where some sacrifices are made to cut weight.

chi_weezy

Reaction score
Those look pretty good. I'm going 18" wheels with Toyo MT's. Keep us updated on those things

OP
OP
Sitdown

Sitdown

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
~5k mile Update.... We had a few trucks running these during our last week out in harsh west terrain. All without issue, so only good reports. I will add, wear does look to be faster than the toyos MTs. But with $100+ savings per tire compared to the toyo ($250 vs 350), i'm ok replacing them sooner.

My toyos did last forever (still use 2 older ones as my spares), but thinking older/hardened/eventually dry rot cracking rubber is only going to be less effective. So currently I am leaning more towards these remaining on the truck when time calls for replacements... will see though after more miles

gwpfan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a buddy that went strictly to these on his f250 diesel. He ran the Toyo's and others, but has had great luck with the Mastercrafts. He's out enough that typically cuts a sidewall/other and so the tire is gone, no warranty recourse.

Mike175

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where did you find these in 35/12.50 17?

Found these. Didn't compare tax and shipping. I am still in preliminary stages on new tires.

https://www.vulcantire.com/tire_detail/courser_mxt_t.htm_8922 $229
https://www.tires-easy.com/35-12.50-17/mastercraft-tires/courser-mxt/tirecode/90000023108 $236
https://simpletire.com/mastercraft-lt35-12.5r17-90000023108-tires $253
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/mft-90000023108/overview/ $251

@Sitdown How are you liking these still? How are they in the wet? Mainly standing water/heavy rain at highway speeds?

I am looking at getting two new spares for upcoming trip to the west this summer. Being I don't drive it in the winter any longer I am looking at parting ways with Duratracs but still staying American owned and made in a MT variant.

OP
OP
Sitdown

Sitdown

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@Sitdown How are you liking these still? How are they in the wet? Mainly standing water/heavy rain at highway speeds?

I am looking at getting two new spares for upcoming trip to the west this summer. Being I don't drive it in the winter any longer I am looking at parting ways with Duratracs but still staying American owned and made in a MT variant.

Things to note after ~1yr/10k miles on them... I will use toyo MTs for comparison point as I've held them as my ultimate tire for years...

They do wear significantly faster... Initially i was turned off by this, but Ive come to be OK with it. While the toyos may last me twice as long, im open with having a newer softer tire in the place of an older harded one. Being that the MCs run $250, i save $100 per tire over the toyo, so am ok replacing them sooner and having a more effective softer tread tire.

Noise/feel.... They are noiser than my toyos after some mileage. In addition, they do feel rougher at lower speeds now too, a common case for mud tires, but think these were more exaggerated than with the toyos.

Tread performance... No complaints, did excellent in the harsh hot west terrain, and just did even better in the frigid temps/ice/snow at Snoball. Was really blown away by its abilities in the snow/ice, as they appear to have less siping than the toyos. No issues with wet conditions to note, even my duratracs were a lil squirly sometimes and they had much better cold/wet characteristics

Overall, love the toyos and still consider going back to them, but the weight and price really make this tire tough to beat. So I will probably stick with them going forward as long as i stay with 35s

Last edited:

Kanakry

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Things to note after ~1yr/10k miles on them... I will use toyo MTs for comparison point as I've held them as my ultimate tire for years...

They do wear significantly faster... Initially i was turned off by this, but Ive come to be OK with it. While the toyos may last me twice as long, im open with having a newer softer tire in the place of an older harded one. Being that the MCs run $250, i save $100 per tire over the toyo, so am ok replacing them sooner and having a more effective softer tread tire.

Noise/feel.... They are noiser than my toyos after some mileage. In addition, they do feel rougher at lower speeds now too, a common case for mud tires, but think these were more exaggerated than with the toyos.

Tread performance... No complaints, did excellent in the harsh hot west terrain, and just did even better in the frigid temps/ice/snow at Snoball. Was really blown away by its abilities in the snow/ice, as they appear to have less siping than the toyos. No issues with wet conditions to note, even my duratracs were a lil squirly sometimes and they had much better cold/wet characteristics

Overall, love the toyos and still consider going back to them, but the weight and price really make this tire tough to beat. So I will probably stick with them going forward as long as i stay with 35s

Loved the 37's :biggrin:

CMSearle2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any update on these? Think I’m finally down to these or Mickey Thompson MTZ P3’s (both D loads). Would love STT Pros but want to stick with a C or D load range.