300ZX 6.2 RAPTOR BUILD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Put a Whipple Supercharger on it and have it pop through the hood, will be sick. Those cars are the next collectibles, but if she's too far gone, may as well customize the shit out of it.

OP
OP
N

Noah Spencer

Reaction score
Put a Whipple Supercharger on it and have it pop through the hood, will be sick. Those cars are the next collectibles, but if she's too far gone, may as well customize the shit out of it.
I actually have a single turbo that will be mounted somewhere between the diff and the rear bumper. The 300zx has a t56 swap kit for the 2jz, I'll utilize the mounts for the trans and just ignore the bellhousing. Then just get a modular motor bellhousing to a t56. I have a friend who works for a camshaft business that can get me camshafts made for the motor, as well as a bore and custom je pistons. Taking the bore from 4.015 to 4.115 making a 6.45L. High revving aggressive cam, stiffer valve springs, possibly a head port, single turbo, standalone ecu, and if this doesn't work, I'll be buying an LS3 since it already bolts up to a t56.

OP
OP
N

Noah Spencer

Reaction score
If people have been waiting for an update, I have one. Both unfortunately and fortunately, I've fallen into possession of a LY6 GM 6.0 LS. This will be the motor going into the 300zx, however I had an original plan to put the 6.2 into a Toyota Tacoma. I still have the motor torn apart, but due to ease of access of parts, I'll be using a GM platform for the 300. A tacoma will have a very similar setup as they also have a T56 swap kit so the 6.2 can bolt right up. Still same setup though, bore, cam, ported head, valve springs, and a single turbo setup once I fall into possession of a 2005ish tacoma. That'll be a tow vehicle that's also real fun on it's own for the 300zx. A swap family if you will B)