300ZX 6.2 RAPTOR BUILD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Noah Spencer

Reaction score
Howdy everyone, I’m new here and attempting a build with a 300zx, raptor 6.2, and a t56. i acquired a 6.2 working at a boat dealership when a supra s/c400 spun a bearing. i got to keep the old motor when it was replaced and now im rebuilding and attempting an install on the 300. i think im going to need a low profile oil pan though so if anyone has any tips or whatnot, feel free to reply on the thread or send me an email at [email protected]. thank you!

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Have you verified that the 6.2 can even fit in the 300ZX engine bay? The 6.2 is a physically large engine being a 90 degree SOHC V8. It's also heavy, since it uses a cast iron block. If you're looking for high performance, the 6.2 isn't ideal, as it will add a ton of weight over the nose of the car without the powerband or high performance power potential of an LS or Coyote.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
Takes balls and a very big f'ing hammer to swap anything but an LS motor in anything. Post up pics.

Raptor 2014

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My Advise to you - Sell the 6.2 at market value.

Buy a LS3 or newer motor and you will have a rocket ship that will weight close to the stock weight of the 300zx.

Been done already and all the head thinking is done. The 6.2 has an Iron block and is heavy - Very little support for it.

I realize you got the stuff for free but having done similar off beat swaps myself, my time invested was worth more that the parts, it would have performed better with a different combo and it will be hard to resell when you get tired of it.