3 years, 11 months, and 46,132 miles I finally get Cam Phaser problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Zach M

Reaction score
Just had my cam phasers done on my ‘19 @ ~25k. No software update prior. Tuned w/ Goose E50. Flashed back stock. No issues with the dealership.

I’d expect 2+ weeks due to diagnosis, ordering parts, other vehicles in line, etc. That was my experience (Lou Fusz in Chesterfield). LGB!
Just dropped my truck off at the dealer. Lets see how long this takes.

Ski4Ever

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just got mine back from the dealership after having the work for FSA 21N03 done. Took them 3 or 4 days, but I've been waiting for 10 months for them to get me in for the work. They replaced the phasers (and misc associated gaskets, bolts, seals, etc), refilled the anti-freeze and oil, and reprogrammed the PCM (so I believe I'll have to get my tune updated). It sounds SO much better when it starts up from cold now!

OP
OP
goblues38

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just had my cam phasers done on my ‘19 @ ~25k. No software update prior. Tuned w/ Goose E50. Flashed back stock. No issues with the dealership.

I’d expect 2+ weeks due to diagnosis, ordering parts, other vehicles in line, etc. That was my experience (Lou Fusz in Chesterfield). LGB!
I am at Bommarito in Hazelwood. Where I bought the truck, and they only had a 6 week wait to get in...every one else was 2 months.

1BAD454SSv2

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had the software update in December 2021 per the Ford requirement. My truck never had the Cam Phaser issue until a month or so ago. I had it happen once. then 2-3 weeks later it started to do it on every cold start up.

now, it is doing very hard starts in the morning with the noise.

Yay me.

So the update is like getting the covid vaccine? No update for me, coming up on 25,000 miles. I Will be buying Flood ford extended ESP in November for additional 2 years. See where economy shakes out and Raptor R . Flood ford was like $1000 with 0 deductible for 2 or 3 years last time i checked.

MarkM98

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That noise on startup is really odd. I just looked at a 2017 Raptor last week in Staunton, IL and it had the rattle on start up, but it didnt sound like that. I hope Bommarito Ford gets you taken care of and back on the road with no issues.

OP
OP
goblues38

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So the update is like getting the covid vaccine? No update for me, coming up on 25,000 miles. I Will be buying Flood ford extended ESP in November for additional 2 years. See where economy shakes out and Raptor R . Flood ford was like $1000 with 0 deductible for 2 or 3 years last time i checked.
read the fine print...if you don't get the software update, you don't get the cam phaser fix for free.

OP
OP
goblues38

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That noise on startup is really odd. I just looked at a 2017 Raptor last week in Staunton, IL and it had the rattle on start up, but it didnt sound like that. I hope Bommarito Ford gets you taken care of and back on the road with no issues.
I have an intermittent high pressure fuel pump code being thrown