3/14 Build week

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jmilleraz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wouldn't this mean its currently in the possession of the transport company? Wouldn't this also mean two employees from the dealership could drive over to the railyard, one of them jumps in the truck, and drives back to the dealership? The transport company still gets paid by Ford with one less thing to worry about, and you get your Raptor. I am very interested in someone explaining why this scenario would be so unrealistic..
Apparently ford won’t let dealers go and pick up at railyards anymore. It has to be some dumb deal they have with certain transportation companies to save money. At this point, just give the people their damn vehicles, I think we’ve waited long enough

Fat_Kid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I kinda feel like we were the only build week that got screwed.
Yep, I feel the same way. There were the lucky few that squeaked by and the rest of us got put into Raptor purgatory. I cant tell you the times i've priced TRX's, ZR2's and every other truck thats even reasonably comparable. lol

StuPidaso

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Still on hold over here too... Out of curiosity, are your trucks Customer orders or are they Stock units? Line of thought being Ford may be prioritizing customer orders?

I'm buying a dealer's stock unit, I don't think Ford can see it's been "sold" to a customer who is now waiting for it.

This is how ford seems to be handling F150 and Super Duty orders, they're building customer units before dealer Stock inventory.
From what i've read in the past Stock orders on chip hold have little priority. My dealer has had one sitting since 1/16 on chip hold and my retail order has been stuck since 3/11. Also smaller dealerships get less priority as well when it comes to chip holds as they wanna keep the high volume dealers happy. Maybe someone else can help confirm, but that's my take. At this point i've lost interest in my Raptor order as it's become depressing seeing others on chip holds well after us being completed as we wait.

Rick955

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was chatting with the GM who I bought mine from about something unrelated. My buddy who order the day after mine was the 5th of the 5 allocations. Two of the five remain unselected and the rep told him this week that they will only get one of the two now... and they still don't know which one, or when! Of the other three, mine and one other got lucky and were delivered. The 3rd one is still on chip hold at the plant. All five orders were from October.

Last edited:

cscape

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got word from my dealer it has arrived finally! Took ~two weeks to go from rail yard to dealer..

Attachments

• 12E2A2B1-5867-4394-8CF9-589BBB244076.jpeg
    12E2A2B1-5867-4394-8CF9-589BBB244076.jpeg
    320.1 KB · Views: 28

StuPidaso

Full Access Member
Reaction score
anyone get a built status recently that was on chip hold from this group. Looking at tracker the numbers are going down daily but who's to say they are finishing up older orders 1st.

Fat_Kid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
anyone get a built status recently that was on chip hold from this group. Looking at tracker the numbers are going down daily but who's to say they are finishing up older orders 1st.
Nothing from me. I'll be "in production " exactly 3 months tomorrow. So depressing.