3.0 Factory Live Valve Setting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shigman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I took my 2020 to the Texas Raptor Run and ran the shocks set at both soft and normal (center setting). I noticed catching relatively minor air on the soft setting it looked like it nearly bottomed out reviewing the video. It was a little smoother on smaller bumps, but not sure if that's an ideal setting for catching air. It didn't feel like it bottomed out or a harsh hit in the cab. Anyone with experience with these settings? The rear wasn't near bottoming out, but the front was pretty tucked. I also have deavers +3 stock weight, no bumpstops. Thanks.

2022-06-14_142020.png

Last edited:

HOLLYWOOD 1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, you have to realize the majority of weight is in the front end, so I wouldn't recommend going soft or normal. Those settings are fine for on road. Off road, I would recommend stiffer settings. The rear doesn't see the same weight, so use the center setting. If you continue to go off road, and jump, I definitely recommend bump stops. It will save your frame / bed.

TexasAggie94

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Great question; I was wondering the same thing. I didn't make any change at TRR but wish I had. According to Fox's LV manual I wish I would have tried the "softer" setting so see how it felt.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-06-16 122749.png
    Screenshot 2022-06-16 122749.png
    252.7 KB · Views: 51

TexasAggie94

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Would also say those jumps at TRR are "not ideal" for a great landing as compared to the groomed jumps at Rally Ready for instance that allow you to get air and land nice and flat. The jump at TRR w/ the flags put just about every truck into a pitched nose down position when landing.

OP
OP
shigman

shigman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What isn't clear to me from as much reading on this as I've done is the compression valving when the truck senses you've gotten air the same over all 3 settings? Obviously soft, normal, and firm have a different feel under normal driving and bumps, but what's the difference in valving when the computer goes to max stiffness at full compression in a jump situation. I would assume soft is a little less stiff than normal even when the live valves go to max compression. Id really prefer "final zone" max compression to be stiff as hell across the board (3 settings) giving the best of both worlds. And yeah that jump is far from a nice landing.

Johnny@Hammerbuilt

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Great question; I was wondering the same thing. I didn't make any change at TRR but wish I had. According to Fox's LV manual I wish I would have tried the "softer" setting so see how it felt.
Not me driving all of TRR on “on road performance”

JTN

Reaction score
When I off-road I've found the 3.0s are best with up front set to firm to prevent bottoming out and rears I leave on normal since I have the Deavers. Not saying it is the right way to do it, but if I have the fronts set to anything other than firm off-road I bottom out, especially on jumps.

Ryan C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
same for me... ended up running firm front, firm rear unless the road is really chattery, and then I ran medium rear, firm front

OP
OP
shigman

shigman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies! Next time im at a Raptor event, Ill likely do firm front and medium rear also because I have deavers. I've noticed medium front and soft rear work pretty well on road. I guess soft on the fronts has damn near zero utility unless you're on slow rocky CO trails.

downforce137

FRF Addict
Reaction score
what drive mode were you using? the live valves were in off road mode, like in baja mode? then i think the offroad performance setting would be perfect