GEN 2 3” Geisers & Icons Option 3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ColoradoBoss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Question, why Icons over Deavers? I am attempting to upgrading my shocks and leaf springs as well, exploring all options.

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
Oh! Forgot to ask. Will I need to do something like the RPG billet drop shackles? I see they offer then in stock length or a +2 length.

Skip the shackles for now and see how it sits once all the parts are on. If the back is too high then you can add a drop shackle.
This.

As boostcreep said, install the springs and let them settle for some time. Then adjust as needed with the shackles. If you are going to run double spares in the bed and a jack, make sure that stuff is in there. Hate to install the shackles, put that stuff in, then turn your Raptor into one of those squatting trucks.

OP
OP
screaminfast

screaminfast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This.

As boostcreep said, install the springs and let them settle for some time. Then adjust as needed with the shackles. If you are going to run double spares in the bed and a jack, make sure that stuff is in there. Hate to install the shackles, put that stuff in, then turn your Raptor into one of those squatting trucks.

OK sounds good. I'll get the icon kit, geisers, probably the KHC ubolt plate and hardware kit. Can I leave the bumpstops alone for now? Obviously would go an air bump kit if I decide to start heavily offroading.

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
OK sounds good. I'll get the icon kit, geisers, probably the KHC ubolt plate and hardware kit. Can I leave the bumpstops alone for now? Obviously would go an air bump kit if I decide to start heavily offroading.

You can skip for now, but should be next on your list. Definitely no high speed off road until you have them. Also is good for the trails as well.

jimmyjamm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh! Forgot to ask. Will I need to do something like the RPG billet drop shackles? I see they offer then in stock length or a +2 length.
I went with the Geisers +2.5" front springs and Deavers +3 HD in the rear with Camburg drop shackles. With my winch on the front and all of the springs seemingly broken in fully (the Deavers were high riders at first), it sits perfectly level...so much so, I ordered a set of standard Camburg shackles to get that slight rear rise, cause when I loaded the truck for a weekend trip with full bed and 4 mountain bikes on the rear hitch, it had a slight sag in the rear.

OP
OP
screaminfast

screaminfast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Nex @BoostCreep - Plot twist. Talking with Brian from Hammer, he said that fox isn’t making the split rings anymore for removing the icon collars. I might have to get 2.5” lift geisers and set the icon collars to 0.5” to get the 3” total. Ugh.

Have a message into RPG to see if they can order the rings because someone said they got them through RPG but that was last year.