2nd usb sync plug?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Droid

kglesq's Brother
Reaction score
What's the catch? I removed the panel with no problem. I unplugged the current usb plug and plug it into number 2 spot.

Is there a plug in #2 that you cannot see? I could not get that to plug into number two.

Any normal cable will plug into port #2 (and maybe #1 as well). I believe the Ford ones are notched so they will only plug into one port or the other. To move the existing OEM cable to port #2, you have to file it a bit.

I just ran the new one to port #2. I listen to it about 95% of the time I'm in my truck. There is no advantage to running in port 1 other than being able to say "USB" instead of "USB2" to switch sources.

RaptorScrew

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I got this working - Thanx!

HOWEVER - anybody know why when I'm listening to music on the flashdrive it will be playing and then stop playing? The clock on the nav screen keeps counting as if it is still playing.

Sometimes the song comes back on but majority of the time I have to manually unplug the USB and plug back in. Then within 2-3 minutes (or less) the music stops again.

It is getting to be very frusterating!!!

Is there a certain FORMAT (FAT32) or something that I should be running or a specific brand of flashdrive that I should be using?

Or even a quality portable hard drive that I can get? Specific cables, etc???

HELP!!!

Phyguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Did mine today. I got the three foot miniUsb to USB cable and the male to female converter for less than 10 bucks at micro center. I also had an extra ipod cable. With all that connected it was enough to run to the center console (but I ended up putting it in the glove box).

Great mod.

MDU