2nd times the charm.. Stolen

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
There must be some p r I c k out there targeting Raptors. Only way is to garage it.

in some areas of DC, you can pay a local hood rat to “watch” your vehicle for you. They don’t like having their picture taken for some reason, not even a selfie. I guess they’re amish or camera shy.

MurderedOutSVT

Brodozin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
in some areas of DC, you can pay a local hood rat to “watch” your vehicle for you. They don’t like having their picture taken for some reason, not even a selfie. I guess they’re amish or camera shy.
Thats a hood thing here in the ATL too

MFNG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interior dash cam linked to the cloud? See who’s doing it maybe. That’s assuming they aren’t covered head to toe like Antifa.

Greg G

Reaction score
It takes about 5 seconds to break into these trucks with channel locks. Pulling the door handle out slightly exposes the lock cylinder. Grab with the channel locks and give it a quarter turn and you're in. Replacing the driver's side handle with the passenger side doesn't work. There is a difference in orientation. What I did was remove the lock cylinder, super glue a plastic plug and o-ring from the inside of the door to cover the hole and seal it. Did the same on the door handle to cover the key hole. The drawback to this is, you can no longer use a key to open the truck. don't let your battery die. Total cost for parts was $3 and change. I had the super glue already. If you replace the door handle it's $400 to $500 for parts and paint.

Dug99

Reaction score
My 2020 was stolen in April. I still have not been able to find a suitable replacement. Too many thieves here in Toronto, they seem to have the Raptors figured out, way too easy to steal and hack into. Ford could solve this problem if they really wanted.
I know the paranoid feelings you are having about getting stranded somewhere. My solution is to move out of this city ASAP, hopefully early 2022. Can't have nice things where so many scum bags exist and the laws are weak.
Sounds like amateur's tried to steal your truck, Sooner or later the more sophisticated guys will come. Make sure your garage is secure as well, I had a coworker have his stolen from the garage and the wireless cameras were jammed.

Some kind of two stage/multi stage security will be required if you decide to get another Raptor, i.e kill switch ++?

Good Luck!

Dustan

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It takes about 5 seconds to break into these trucks with channel locks. Pulling the door handle out slightly exposes the lock cylinder. Grab with the channel locks and give it a quarter turn and you're in. Replacing the driver's side handle with the passenger side doesn't work. There is a difference in orientation. What I did was remove the lock cylinder, super glue a plastic plug and o-ring from the inside of the door to cover the hole and seal it. Did the same on the door handle to cover the key hole. The drawback to this is, you can no longer use a key to open the truck. don't let your battery die. Total cost for parts was $3 and change. I had the super glue already. If you replace the door handle it's $400 to $500 for parts and paint.
The rear door handle on the drivers side is the one you want. No lock cylinder and correct orientation.