2nd times the charm.. Stolen

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Desert Dan

Reaction score
Uh

This is the second time in the last 3 weeks my truck has been broken into/tried to be stolen.
First time was 3 weeks ago in my driveway, doorhandle opened so slightly, pipe wrench used turn the lock (have a look at your truck, EASILY accessible.. no clue why its designed so poorly)
And because of this door was no longer able to lock
Thankfully, the truck wasn't able to start. Instead, I was left with a bill of fixing the lock, body panel fuse box, and some other crap.

3 weeks go by, I step inside to a building for 10 minutes, come back outside and my truck is gone.
10 MINUTES!! Not even joking.

Police recovered it, SAME **** again. Broken lock w/ pipe wrench, body fuse pulled, alarm wires snipped, fordpass tracker pulled.. Such a pain honestly. Stole all my stuff too

I've been parking it in my garage but how am I supposed to prevent this from happening at a mall? Or wherever?

No one was following me, theres been a spur of thefts in my area (GTA - Toronto). Its really bad, I went to the impound lot and they had 3 Raptors (including mine) and 8 F150 trucks.
Since I'm in AZ I'm going to quote.........4 slugs from a .44, no less no more!!

JohnyPython

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My 2020 was stolen in April. I still have not been able to find a suitable replacement. Too many thieves here in Toronto, they seem to have the Raptors figured out, way too easy to steal and hack into. Ford could solve this problem if they really wanted.
I know the paranoid feelings you are having about getting stranded somewhere. My solution is to move out of this city ASAP, hopefully early 2022. Can't have nice things where so many scum bags exist and the laws are weak.
I plan on moving out of the big smoke when I change jobs. Traffic is terrible now and yes lots of scumbags.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I install a hidden kill switch, all the codes, breakin's and such are not going to allow it to start. as far as jamming camera's, I have a Rottie she barks, at anything coming down our road, no jamming that. her job, wake me up, the rest is up to me and Glock, I prefer the 10mm it has great stopping power. Dead thieves tell no tales, and yes, my raptor is worth taking out a scumbag, be it in my driveway or in the local store parking lot. Repeat after me " I was afraid for my life after confronting the perp"....
Repeat after me ... "I will never put anything in any electronic format that I wouldn't be happy to have thrown at me in court." Because if **** goes south, it will.

JefferyGT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Passenger side handle will fit driver side. No lock cylinder. Fully functional lock unlock buttons.

Frank R

Reaction score
need to put your fobs in signal blocking cases they can pull up to your driveway and pick up the signal of your truck from inside your house from your fob copy the fob unlock your truck and drive away they’ve been doing it for years with chargers and challengers the dodge dealer by my house had seven stolen in one night doing it exactly that way

MattR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think you can eliminate the lock cylinder by replacing the handle with a passenger one without the lock. You’re stuck with only keyless entry then.
This is what I did. My last truck was broken in to twice in three months. Both were the same way. I decided the truck was bad luck, and fixed the door handle issue two weeks after I bought the Raptor.

Now...if my battery won't open the door, I'm screwed haha.