2nd Row Room Between SCAB and SCREW?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mick VT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Scab feels like a truck inside, the Screw feels more like an SUV... ton of space in the back. I like the space, but prefer the looks of the Scab

deadlysilent

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m a little biased as I own a Scab, I like the looks of the Scab better but the doors can be a PITA if you have kids or ever need to get things out while in a parking lot. 4 full-size doors might be a better option.

costnsg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

First, I can't recall which is what but I know the nicknames are Screw and Scab right?

What's the difference in rear seat legroom between the two? I assume everything else is the same and the only difference besides the doors is legroom right?

Maybe this is so obvious that no one chose to mention it, but the big difference in the two trucks is the wheelbase. I like the Scab better for looks and for the wheelbase. I very rarely have anyone in the back and the additional space isn't that important to me. If I could have traded short wheelbase for another foot of bed, I'd have considered that.

97duc748

Reaction score
I have two small kids (grade school) with one in a car seat. I have the SCAB. The truck before was a Tacoma Double Cab. The space is about the same in the SCAB compared to the 4 door Tacoma except it is way wider. The suicide door is a bit of a pain if your kids get in they just can not close the front while they wait for the adault to lock up the house or whatever. I like the SCAB looks and parking the SCAB better in more dense urban areas or cities. I will likely need to get a SCREW in about 5 years when the kids are moving closer to High School but I will hold out as long as possible and until there is a V8 option again.

PlainJane

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Knot Now, it looks like your sub may also be missing! ;)

Yes,
I posted a request as to how to add, because I did not order that option.
I was hoping for something like.
wiring #
DSP #
Amp #
Front Speaker #
Rear Speaker #
Kicker #
Speaker Box #

There are several threads speakers
but it still would be nice to have everything together.
Should I use the center speaker for the HAM radio?

costnsg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didn't have one either (801A) and felt like i was missing base. I went with the Kicker sub made for the F150. It's expensive, but it bolt right in, fits behind the seat, plugs into the wiring harness. I like easy! Anyway, this is off the OP's subject so I will stop. I was just kidding around when I mentioned your missing sub.

ARH1956

Full Access Member
Reaction score
According to all of Ford's spec. sheets the Super Crew has an additional 12.1" of rear legroom over the Super Cab.

OP
OP
R
Reaction score
I’m a little biased as I own a Scab, I like the looks of the Scab better but the doors can be a PITA if you have kids or ever need to get things out while in a parking lot. 4 full-size doors might be a better option.

We have 4 kids (3 of which are still in grade school) so definitely leaning towards Screw I think. I had a 2015 Mustang and the drop off and pickup line was a pain in that. Sounds like it would be a pain in the Scab too. They'll just have to deal with the height of the truck :)